Asparagus, Spinach, & Feta Quiche

Confession-I’ve never made a quiche before. Yes, I am posting an Asparagus, Spinach, and Feta Quiche recipe today, but Josh made it all by himself. I told Josh that I was in the mood for a spring quiche and he volunteered to make one, so I let him. He made the pie crust from scratch and used my favorite spring vegetable, asparagus, to create a glorious vegetarian quiche.

Josh used Dorie Greenspan’s pie crust recipe from Baking: From My Home to Yours to make the quiche, but you can use your favorite pie crust recipe or even use a store bought pie crust if you are short on time. The pie crust is filled with lots of spring green-asparagus, spinach, and green onions. Josh also added feta and mozzarella cheese.

The quiche was perfect in every way. The asparagus and spinach were the perfect addition to the savory custard filling. We enjoyed the quiche for Sunday brunch and heated up the leftovers for dinner the following day. It is good any time of the day.

I kind of feel like a bad food blogger because I have never made a quiche, but oh well, maybe next time I will make a quiche for Josh. Or maybe not since he did such a good job:)

This Asparagus, Spinach, and Feta Quiche is perfect for Easter brunch on Sunday. If you are looking for other Easter brunch recipes, here are a few of our favorites:

We hope you all have a happy Easter weekend!

Asparagus, Spinach, & Feta Quiche

Yield: Serves 8-10

Cook Time: 45 minutes

Total Time: 65 minutes

A simple savory quiche made with asparagus, spinach, green onions, feta, and mozzarella cheese. This vegetarian spring quiche is great for brunch or dinner.

1/2 tablespoon olive oil
8 asparagus spears, ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cups fresh baby spinach
5 large eggs
1 cup milk
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 green onions, chopped
1 9-inch pie crust

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pie dough and stick in freezer while you prepare the other quiche ingredients.

2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus spears, and spinach. Cook until asparagus spears are slightly tender and spinach is wilted. Transfer spinach to a colander. Press firmly with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in the feta and mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

4. Remove pie crust from the freezer. Place asparagus pieces, spinach, and green onions on the bottom of the crust. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the vegetables and into the crust.

5. Bake the quiche for 45 minutes or until quiche is set and slightly golden brown. Let quiche stand for 15 minutes before serving.

113 Responses to “Asparagus, Spinach, & Feta Quiche”

Lovely and gorgeous quiche! You’re not a bad food blogger at all. Have a great weekend!

susan — April 7, 2012 @ 11:02 am

yum, yum, and more yum!

aida mollenkamp — April 7, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

Josh looks like quite a skilled quiche maker!

Sues — April 7, 2012 @ 6:03 pm

That’s one awesome looking quiche!! Quiche is actually one of the first things I learned to make. My mom used to make me 4 quiches to freeze every time I was home from college and then taught me to make my own :)

• Two Peas replied: — April 7th, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

Great idea to freeze them! Will have to do that next time!

Joanne — April 7, 2012 @ 10:25 pm

I’ve actually never made a quiche either! So don’t feel bad. :) I love all of the veggies in this! I’m thinking it’s about time I actually made one.

Kim Yardlay — April 8, 2012 @ 5:48 pm

Quiche is one of my favorite things to make and eat. It’s light and healthy for you. I have made it for years! This looks like a great recipe.

Amanda — April 9, 2012 @ 9:28 am

What a fabulous recipe… and recipe roundup!!

Lillian Russo — April 9, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

Made this quiche yesterday and two more recipes from your Blog! Big Hit for the quiche, the Macaroons w/ the nutella and the orange choc. Ricotta cookies! Thanks for the recipes!

Tracy — April 9, 2012 @ 2:04 pm

I can’t believe you’ve never made quiche! I love just about every kind, and this one also looks delicious!

There’s just something so comfy and satisfying about a quiche…especially when someone else makes it!! Looks delicious!

Kristina Vanni — April 10, 2012 @ 6:49 pm

Looks great for a nice gathering! Hope you had a lovely holiday weekend!

Jenn — April 10, 2012 @ 8:07 pm

Made this tonight and it’s delicious!

• Two Peas replied: — April 11th, 2012 @ 9:02 am

Glad you enjoyed the quiche!

Martha W — April 11, 2012 @ 7:26 am

Josh and Maria, I made this for dinner last night for myself and my husband. Wow was it delish, we ate most of it !! I was sort of nervous with the spinach asparagus combo but it was perfect. Thanks for another great recipe!

• Two Peas replied: — April 11th, 2012 @ 9:01 am

You are very welcome. Glad you enjoyed the quiche!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — April 11, 2012 @ 11:54 am

I love quiche but I’m also too afraid to make it on my own. Lord only knows why! This is beautiful and absolutely screams spring time to me :)

15. Pingback: spinach and asparagus quiche « miki's kitchen

16. Pingback: eine kleine sonntagsflüsterei | glasgefluester

Stephanie — April 24, 2012 @ 12:01 am

Just made this tonight & we LOVED it. My first quiche and it turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself. I even used a 8″ cake pan with no problems.

I happen to have Dorie Greenspan’s baking book & used her crust. Mmm!

I love your recipes. Thanks for helping us transition to meals with less meat. (Oh, & I have to say a big “thank you” to you for my latest go-to pancake recipe. It’s your Whole Wheat Kefir Pancakes. My favorite. I usually use milk, but it is so yummy. I even have them as snacks sometimes. And the blueberry sauce it a nice change-up to maple syrup. Thank you!)

Michelle — May 2, 2012 @ 9:38 am

Made this yesterday and it is fabulous! Thanks for the great recipe

Ann P. — May 6, 2012 @ 6:22 pm

DELICIOUS! This quiche and all the other great brunch recipes you linked are going to be wonderful for Mother’s day brunch, too!

20. Pingback: Spring Recipes - Daily Unadventures in Cooking

Valerie Wheeler — May 13, 2012 @ 12:49 am

Quiche in the oven…taking it to mother’s day brunch tomorrow and looking forward to the raves it will definitely draw!!
    Thank you again for another wonderful recipe to share!!

Jessie — May 21, 2012 @ 5:53 pm

In the process of making this now..assuming my A/C is working..might be a bad idea to bake a quiche on a hot TX day with no A/C, guess we’ll see. Quick question tho, why do you put the crust in the freezer while assembling the other ingredients? I’ve always done a partially pre-baked quiche crust.

• Two Peas replied: — May 21st, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

You want the butter in the crust to be super cold!

Jessie — May 21, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

Yes, but what purpose does it serve? I usually chill my crust for 20 minutes before rolling it out. Does chilling again before filling doing anything special? Guess I’ll find out..A/C is in fact working so the quiche is in the oven. Can’t wait to try it.

sue in CA — June 14, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

I haven’t made a quiche in years, but this is tempting me BIG time. I’m going to have to try to make it without a crust cuz of the carbs but I’m sure we’ll love it cuz we sure do enjoy asparagus and spinach. Congrats to Josh on a great job with this recipe!

25. Pingback: Family and toddler friendly recipes

26. Pingback: Handle the Heat » Weekly Recap #4

Becky — November 20, 2012 @ 8:25 am

OK. Great, so glad the quiche LOOKS good, everybody. BUT HOW DOES IT TASTE? HAS ANYONE MADE IT, TRIED IT, EXPERIMENTED BY VARYING THE INGREDIENTS (LIKE USING GREEN BEANS INSTEAD OF ASPARAGUS, ETC)? WHERE ARE THE REVIEWS? THANKS.

Becky — November 20, 2012 @ 8:28 am

OK. Pardon me; just saw a couple of positive comments from people who tried it…but I had to dig. Thanks so much! I’m planning on purchasing the ingredients and trying out on my family as an accessory dish for Thanksgiving weekend. best to everyone!

Susan — December 4, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

Just wondering if I could used collard greens instead of spinach. I have some left over from Thanksgiving that has been in the freezer. Just trying to use what I have. Anyone have any advice?

• Two Peas replied: — December 4th, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

Yes, you can use collard greens! Enjoy!

Ahs — January 4, 2013 @ 8:51 pm

Do you think it would work with gorgonzola instead of feta? Looks yummy.

31. Pingback: Saturday Pinterest Top 10!! « A Day In the Life of Jennay

Teresa — February 1, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

I have some frozen white asparagus pieces in the freezer…. was wondering if I need to change any of the cooking instructions to accommodate the frozen? Thanks!

33. Pingback: Make The Most Of It: 5 Recipes Using Fresh Spinach | painting sunny

paintingsunny — February 25, 2013 @ 11:18 am

This looks so very delicious… I am so glad to have stumbled on your site from The Pioneer Woman. I can’t wait to make this quiche, and posted about it this morning brainstorming ways to use up a bunch of fresh spinach.

Waste not want not, right? Thanks for the great recipes!

• Two Peas replied: — February 25th, 2013 @ 10:06 pm

So happy you found us!

35. Pingback: Vegetarian quiche ideas - Vegetarian World

36. Pingback: 60 AMAZING Egg Recipes | FamilyFreshCooking.com — Family Fresh Cooking

Stacia — April 3, 2013 @ 8:16 pm

I just wanted to leave a comment to let you know that I Googled “asparagus spinach casserole” because I had some of both to use up. This recipe came up in my search, and I made it this evening. SO GOOD. So, so good. Thank you!!

38. Pingback: Recipe: Asparagus, Spinach & Feta Quiche : Thermador Home Appliance Blog

39. Pingback: Zen & Diet « The New Zen

Andrea — May 8, 2013 @ 7:34 pm

This is my go-to recipe for quiche. Anytime I ask my 3yr old what he wants for supper, without hesitation he says ‘quiche!!’ This is a HIT in our household, we’re lucky if we end up with leftovers. The only (minor) modifications I have made is to add a touch of paprika and I have changed up the mozzarella for whatever I have on hand (usually cheddar). Oh! And one time we added some leftover ham–mmmmm mmmmm delish! Thanks for sharing!!!

• Two Peas replied: — May 9th, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

I am so glad you like our quiche recipe!