Asparagus, Spinach, & Feta Quiche
Confession-I’ve never made a quiche before. Yes, I am posting an Asparagus, Spinach, and Feta Quiche recipe today, but Josh made it all by himself. I told Josh that I was in the mood for a spring quiche and he volunteered to make one, so I let him. He made the pie crust from scratch and used my favorite spring vegetable, asparagus, to create a glorious vegetarian quiche.
Josh used Dorie Greenspan’s pie crust recipe from Baking: From My Home to Yours to make the quiche, but you can use your favorite pie crust recipe or even use a store bought pie crust if you are short on time. The pie crust is filled with lots of spring green-asparagus, spinach, and green onions. Josh also added feta and mozzarella cheese.
The quiche was perfect in every way. The asparagus and spinach were the perfect addition to the savory custard filling. We enjoyed the quiche for Sunday brunch and heated up the leftovers for dinner the following day. It is good any time of the day.
I kind of feel like a bad food blogger because I have never made a quiche, but oh well, maybe next time I will make a quiche for Josh. Or maybe not since he did such a good job:)
This Asparagus, Spinach, and Feta Quiche is perfect for Easter brunch on Sunday. If you are looking for other Easter brunch recipes, here are a few of our favorites:
- Coconut Crusted French Toast
- Lemon Cornmeal Pancakes
- Orange Almond Scones
- Eggs Benedict
- Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins
- German Pancake with Berries
- Asparagus, Spinach, & Feta Cheese Frittata
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
- Stuffed French Toast with Brie and Berries
- Baked Frittata with Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese
- Israeli Couscous Salad with Roasted Asparagus, Artichokes, & Spinach
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Dressing
- Spinach Artichoke White Bean Crostini
- Glazed Lemon Cookies
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Bars
- Meyer Lemon Pudding Cake
- Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests
- Chocolate Pudding Cookies with Mini Robin Eggs
We hope you all have a happy Easter weekend!
Asparagus, Spinach, & Feta Quiche
Yield: Serves 8-10
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
A simple savory quiche made with asparagus, spinach, green onions, feta, and mozzarella cheese. This vegetarian spring quiche is great for brunch or dinner.
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
8 asparagus spears, ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cups fresh baby spinach
5 large eggs
1 cup milk
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 green onions, chopped
1 9-inch pie crust
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pie dough and stick in freezer while you prepare the other quiche ingredients.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus spears, and spinach. Cook until asparagus spears are slightly tender and spinach is wilted. Transfer spinach to a colander. Press firmly with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in the feta and mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Remove pie crust from the freezer. Place asparagus pieces, spinach, and green onions on the bottom of the crust. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the vegetables and into the crust.
5. Bake the quiche for 45 minutes or until quiche is set and slightly golden brown. Let quiche stand for 15 minutes before serving.