Blueberry, Strawberry & Jicama Salsa

As promised, we have another red, white, and blue recipe for you today! We’ve already shared patriotic recipes for breakfast and dessert, so now it’s time to get snacking with Blueberry, Strawberry, and Jicama Salsa. This red, white, and blue salsa is the perfect appetizer or snack for your 4th of July party.

I am in love with this salsa. Not only is it pretty, but it is full of flavor and so easy to make. I love the combination of sweet berries and crunchy jicama. There is a little bit of heat from the jalapeño, but if you like a mild salsa, feel free to leave it out. Serve with store bought tortilla chips or you can make your own baked tortilla chips. I’ve also enjoyed it with cinnamon sugar pita chips-so good and so addicting!

Josh likes to top grilled chicken or fish with this red, white, and blue salsa. It is a great salsa for just about everything!

Add this festive Blueberry, Strawberry & Jicama Salsa to your 4th of July menu! And if you can’t wait until the 4th, no worries. It is a great snack for any summer day. I think I will make a bowl of salsa this weekend!

Today is the last day to enter our giveaway for The Pioneer Woman’s Cooking Essentials Kit. Good luck!

Blueberry, Strawberry & Jicama Salsa

Yield: About 3 cups salsa

Total Time: 5 minutes

A fresh and fruity salsa with a nice crunch! Perfect for the 4th of July...or any summer day!

1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup diced strawberries
1 cup diced jicama
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded
Juice of 1 large lime
Salt, to taste
Tortilla chips, for serving

1. In a medium bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries, jicama, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, and lime juice. Stir until well combined. Season with salt, to taste. Serve with tortilla chips at room temperature or chilled.

Note-this salsa is also great with grilled fish or chicken. It is best eaten the day it is made.

If you like this Blueberry, Strawberry & Jicama Salsa, you might also like:

186 Responses to “Blueberry, Strawberry & Jicama Salsa”

Amanda — June 24, 2012 @ 10:02 am

WOW! That’s absolutely gorgeous!

Karista @Karista's Kitchen — June 24, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

Maria, I love this salsa! How much fun is this and pefect for the fourth. And jicama is one of my favorite summer snacking veggies. Lovely post!

Joanne — June 24, 2012 @ 3:37 pm

I will for-sure be eating this out of the bowl with a spoon. What a festive, yet healthy treat!

Esi — June 24, 2012 @ 9:37 pm

Perfect salsa for summer

Carla @ Carlas Confections — June 25, 2012 @ 1:30 am

Stunning pictures as always. This is such a beautiful dish. I love the colors

kitchen essence — June 25, 2012 @ 2:12 am

yum! healthy, vibrant, flavourful, this looks like it ticks all the boxes and has it all!

susan — June 25, 2012 @ 9:35 am

Summer in a bowl!

Deborah — June 25, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

Love this! And I love how unique it is!

CJ @ Morsels of Life — June 25, 2012 @ 7:38 pm

I’ve been seeing a bunch of blueberry and strawberry salsas, but none with jicama. I’ve wanted to try jicama for a while now, and now I know how! :)

Who needs a chip? I could eat this as is. What a great way to show your patriotism and boost your fiber intake all at the same time! I love it!

natalie@thesweetslife — June 26, 2012 @ 1:14 pm

I posted blueberry salsa last week too! I love the addition of strawberries in yours!

Ashley - Baker by Nature — June 26, 2012 @ 8:32 pm

I am making this tonight! Seriously… last week my boyfriend came home with a container of jicama and said “this would probably be cool in something… I don’t what, but I’m sure you can think of a good jicama recipe.”, I discreetly tossed the container in the dark corner of the fridge and left it at that. But now I can use it – thanks, Maria!!

13. Pingback: Healthy Fourth of July Fare {Kid-Approved} | In The Know Mom

14. Pingback: Patriotic Palate Pleasers | StyleBlueprint Memphis

15. Pingback: A Little Inspiration: 4th of July « A Thousand Threads

16. Pingback: Fourth of July Treats | A Grande Life

17. Pingback: Gearing up for the Fourth of July

18. Pingback: Five Friday Finds :: Morsels of Life

19. Pingback: CRAVE-ABLE RECIPE ROUND-UP – 4TH OF JULY

20. Pingback: 50 Recipes to Make Your Fourth Sparkle | Budget Gourmet Mom

sandy@southwestgirl — June 30, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

What a fabulous idea and its gorgeous! Definitely going to try this!

Catherine — June 30, 2012 @ 6:50 pm

I think I’m going to have to go and make this RIGHT NOW. Looks amazing.

23. Pingback: Red, White, and Blueberry « Eating Made Easy

24. Pingback: Fourth of July Menu Must-HavesLesserEvil Life | LesserEvil Life

wow, this couldn’t be more perfect for the 4th!!

gina @ cateror — July 2, 2012 @ 11:19 am

This looks (and must taste) simply amazing! What a super idea for the 4th! Will definitely be making this one.

27. Pingback: Recipes for Your Fourth of July Party Made Easy and Cheap | Bounce Energy Savings

Chesha — July 2, 2012 @ 4:37 pm

Made this for my son’s red wagon themed first birthday party this past weekend and it was a big hit. Served it with corn chips & (per your suggestion) cinnamon & sugar pita chips. The pita chips were the run away favorite! Thank you for this recipe & so many others!

Kristina Vanni — July 3, 2012 @ 1:32 am

Yum! So fresh and perfect for the holiday! What a great idea and mixture of ingredients!

30. Pingback: Make it a Pin-teresting 4th of July!

Gwyneth Genevieve — July 9, 2012 @ 9:47 am

Love this idea! This really is a beautiful summer salsa recipe; I love all of the colors, and it really is perfect for the 4th.

Since I’m not the biggest cilantro fan, and I didn’t have some of the other ingredients on hand, I ended up making a fruit salad loosely based on this- I think it turned out pretty well (http://bit.ly/MgiPaJ)! However, I’d still love to try out your full version. Are there any other herbs that might work in place of the cilantro, or is that just the silliest question ever?

32. Pingback: Roasted Blueberry Ricotta Crostini | Blueberry Crostini Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

33. Pingback: Guest Post with Nicole of Healthy Way To Cook | Food Wine Thyme

34. Pingback: Healthy Way To Cook 8 new superfoods you should be eating - Healthy Way To Cook

nancy — December 11, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

I follow on pinterest and love kitchen aid products!

36. Pingback: A Little Inspiration: 4th of July

http://tinyurl.com/am84dtt — January 4, 2013 @ 9:42 pm

“Blueberry Strawberry & Jicama Salsa | Blueberry Salsa Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod” definitely causes myself think a little bit more.
    I admired each and every particular piece of it.

Thanks for the post ,Lauren

38. Pingback: BAZAAR Eats: Anthocyanins (It’s food… we promise!) | BAZAAR social

39. Pingback: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL - Page 291 - ALIPAC

40. Pingback: Cooking Jicama — Preparing Jicama — Eat Well 101