Coconut Granola

Do you ever have those days where you are super busy, but feel like you get nothing done? That has been happening to me a lot lately. The days go by so quickly because I am so busy, but by the end of the day, I still don’t feel like I’ve accomplished anything.

Last week, I was running around like crazy trying to cross things off of my “to do” list, but Caleb didn’t want mama to work. He only wanted to play, so I put my “to do” list aside and we went to the park. When we got home, Caleb took a nap and I decided I was going to make homemade Coconut Granola and forget about everything else. I know granola is super easy to make, but for some reason, I always feel a sense of satisfaction after making a batch. I needed a little satisfaction, so I put on my apron and made a batch of Coconut Granola.

This granola has a triple dose of coconut-coconut oil, coconut extract, and shredded coconut. If you haven’t tried coconut oil, you need to. I am obsessed. I bought a jar from Trader Joe’s when we were in California and I am hooked. It is SO good in this granola.

The granola is sweetened with pure maple syrup. Splurge on the good stuff for this recipe. I promise it is worth it. I added in chopped almonds and pepitas for a little crunch.

I love eating Coconut Granola with Chobani Greek yogurt and fresh berries. It is the perfect summer treat. It is also good by the handful. I keep the granola in a large jar on our counter and it doesn’t last long. I can’t walk by without grabbing a handful of granola. It is too good!

This Coconut Granola also makes a great gift. Make a big batch and share with your family, friends, and neighbors. Fill Weck or Mason Jars with granola, add a ribbon, note and you are set! Such a cute, easy, and tasty gift!

At the end of the day I was content. I didn’t tackle my “to do” list, but I made a killer batch of Coconut Granola and that was good enough. Sometimes all you need is a little homemade granola. I hope you enjoy this Coconut Granola as much as I do.

Coconut Granola

Yield: About 5 cups granola

Cook Time: 30 minutes

This easy homemade Coconut Granola is great with yogurt or by the handful!

2 cups old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/3 cup pepitas
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract

1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Slipat or parchment paper. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, pepitas, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut extract. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are well-coated.

3. Pour the granola mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread granola into an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes or until granola is golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Let granola cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 month.

If you like this Coconut Granola, you might also like:

143 Responses to “Coconut Granola”

Chris — June 27, 2012 @ 4:21 pm

YUM! My mom and I made a batch this weekend and it was so delicious! We didn’t have coconut oil, so we just used canola. I was worried at first cause it seemed really wet when I was spreading it out in the pan. But it turned out great! I did bake for an extra 10 minutes at 350. Thanks so much for the recipe! Everyone really loved it.

• Two Peas replied: — June 27th, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

Glad the granola was a hit!

2. Pingback: Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

Ruchita — July 19, 2012 @ 8:39 am

Hi! I’m a new visitor to your site and this was the first recipe I tried. This granola is fantastic. I have made it almost every week since the recipe was first posted. The only change I made was to omit the almonds and pepitas. This granola is so good. Thanks for sharing!

4. Pingback: Blueberry Coconut Granola | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

5. Pingback: Healthy Summer Snack

Claire — August 12, 2012 @ 6:56 pm

I’m a little obsessed. This barely lasts a week in my house, much less a month! I’ve actually switched it up and made it with honey instead of maple syrup. Huge sucess. (My two and four year old girls also love it – they walk around eating it plain out of a baggie!) :) Thanks for a great recipe. I’ve pinned multiple times and shared with all my friends!

• Two Peas replied: — August 12th, 2012 @ 11:02 pm

Thanks so much! I am glad you like the granola!

7. Pingback: Homemade Raspberry Maple-Pecan Granola Recipe | gluten free + vegan brakfast or snack | FamilyFreshCooking.com — Family Fresh Cooking

Jen | Family Sponge — August 22, 2012 @ 7:52 pm

I have used this recipe SOOOOO many times and love it. I do tweak it (because isn’t that what we all love to do). Mine is simpler, but tastes incredible. Than you so much for opening my eyes to the world of homemade granola— delicious!

Lynne — September 5, 2012 @ 5:33 pm

Should I use refined coconut oil or virgin?

• Two Peas replied: — September 6th, 2012 @ 11:42 pm

I used virgin.

Katie Schmidt — September 15, 2012 @ 11:31 pm

This is a great recipe. I omitted the brown sugar and it was plenty sweet. Thanks for sharing!

11. Pingback: Coconut Granola | Cooking Pics

12. Pingback: Macadamia, Olive Oil & Honey Granola – Clumpy, Crunchy, Crave-Worthy! « On Top Of Spaghetti

Nicole — October 14, 2012 @ 11:59 am

Absolutely delicious! I switched out the brown sugar for coconut sugar – YUM! Thanks for sharing!

14. Pingback: Coconut Granola | Voracious Vander

15. Pingback: Election Day Munchies! | chef in training

16. Pingback: DIY Gift Idea: 10 Recipes You Can Gift in Jars | Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building

17. Pingback: Arts. Edibles. Car (…washes).

Kari — November 30, 2012 @ 12:23 pm

I made this yesterday and it’s the best granola I have ever tried! Thank you for this recipe, you just made my mornings a little brighter!

Melissa Chambers — January 5, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

Can’t wait to try it, looks wonderful!

20. Pingback: Crunchy Quinoa Granola | Quinoa Granola Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

Maggie — January 12, 2013 @ 4:14 pm

Oh. My. Goodness! I just popped it in the oven and it smelled divine. I AM obsessed with coconut. I licked the bowl oops!!

My favorite part of this recipe is that it says “store in an air-tight container for up to 1 month.” A month?! Hah! I’m lucky if it lasts three DAYS in this house! EXCELLENT granola recipe! I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve made it since it was posted on “75 healthy recipes to kick off 2013″ :)

Christa JeanBean — February 5, 2013 @ 9:59 pm

I’m so glad I found this recipe! I’ve made it a dozen times, using variations of nuts and fruit. It continues to impress the fam, every time!

24. Pingback: Granola « Tatiana's Tales and Tidbits

25. Pingback: Cocoa Granola with Flax and Other Power Goodies - My Healthy Eating Habits

26. Pingback: 365 Catch-Up Post | Em's Photography Adventure

Mary — March 10, 2013 @ 6:37 pm

This is the best granola recipe I’ve made and agree, the coconut makes it. I left out the coconut flavoring (bc did not have any) and used frozen coconut. Thanks and really looking forward to trying your Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.

28. Pingback: Coconut Granola | Kylie's Kitchen

29. Pingback: 50 Ways to Use Coconut Oil to Better Your Life | #AsiaMed Healthcare Systems Pte Ltd

30. Pingback: {coconut granola} | nouveau

31. Pingback: 50 Ways to Use Coconut Oil «

sandra — May 20, 2013 @ 1:07 am

do you know what the calorie count would be for one portion?

33. Pingback: 50 Ways to Use Coconut Oil | Black Girl with Long Hair

34. Pingback: Fifty Shades of Coconut Oil….The links! | Life is But a Dream....

35. Pingback: Coconut oil – the Tropical Trooper!

Jennifer — June 12, 2013 @ 12:51 am

Made it tonight subbing agave for maple syrup. I am a coconut freak and this is awesome! a new favorite fir sure! And good for you for dropping work to spend time with a little one. I miss those days with my now 10 and 13 year old boys. Goes by so scary fast!

37. Pingback: 50 ways to use coconut oil

JB — June 22, 2013 @ 4:19 pm

Cut the coconut oil to 2 1/2 T, omitted the brown sugar and cut the maple syrup by half. This is the third time I’ve made it and these are my modifications for success! I also prefer pecans to almonds. Enjoy, it’s delish! Thanks for posting.

39. Pingback: Some common and not so common uses for coconut oil {Giveaway} | Our Piece of Earth

40. Pingback: Coconut Granola | The New Mrs.Allen