Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests

Thanks everyone for your kind comments on our e-cookbook, Cookie Cravings. We are thrilled so many of you are already enjoying the book and baking the recipes. We had so much fun putting the book together and of course sampling the cookies along the way! :) For all of the details, visit our cookbook page and don’t forget to enter the giveaway for a 7-quart KitchenAid Mixer!

Spring has sprung and Easter is right around the corner, so today I am sharing a cookie recipe for, Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests. The cookies are easy and fun to make, Josh actually made the cookies and I decorated them. We make a great team:) The coconut nests are super cute and the Nutella center is divine!

We used our favorite coconut macaroon recipe to make the cookies. Josh shaped the macaroons into little bird nests and baked them until they were slightly golden brown. After the macaroons cooled, I got to decorate them! If you have children, get them to help you decorate the nests. It is a ton of fun. I know I had a good time playing with Nutella and candy:)

I spooned a big blob of Nutella into the centers of the nests and topped the Nutella with candy eggs. I used M&M’s Speck-tacular Eggs, but feel free to use your favorite Easter candy. Cadbury Mini Eggs or Robin Eggs would also be good. Oh, how I love Easter candy!

Make these Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests for Easter this year. They would be a great addition to any Easter basket or a great treat to place at each place setting for Easter brunch of dinner. They are almost too pretty and cute to eat-almost:)

Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests

Yield: 10 nests

Cook Time: 17-20 minutes

Coconut cookie nests filled with Nutella and Easter egg candies. These cookies are perfect for Spring and Easter.

2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 large egg white
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
1 cup Nutella
M&M Speck-tacular Eggs (or other Easter candy)

1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.

2. In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until combined. Add in the coconut and mix well.

3. With a spoon, scoop up about 2 Tablespoons of the dough and place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Form the cookies into the shape of a bird nest. Press down the center with your thumb.

4. Bake cookies for 17 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and press your thumb down in the center of the nests again. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes or until they are firm and set. Remove with a spatula onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.

5. Place about a tablespoon of Nutella in the center of each nest. Place 3 egg candies in the center of the nest. Finish decorating the nests and serve.

Note-you can make these 2-3 days in advance. Store in an air tight container on the counter.

If you like these Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests, you might also like:

187 Responses to “Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests”

1. Pingback: Happy Easter Weekend {Treat Yourself}

liz — April 6, 2012 @ 12:46 pm

These are lovely, I plan on making them tomorrow. :) Can you tell me how many cookies this recipe makes?

3. Pingback: Just KaliRae » Blog Archive » Wonders of the Web, Easter Edition!

4. Pingback: Some Easter DIY Ideas : Allegria Blog

5. Pingback: Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests The Kindle Crew

Jeri Oien — April 7, 2012 @ 1:11 am

These are so super cute! I pinned this recipe on my “come to a party” board on Pinterest and I have had SO many people repin this, more than anything on any of my boards!!

Your sweet blog is really fun and there are so many great recipes I’m sure it won’t be the last time your blog becomes the hit of Pinterest! I will definitely be visiting your site again…maybe this weekend to make the coconut crusted french toast….mmmm! Thanks for the great stuff!! xxoo

Carol Schultz — April 7, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

I stumbled on this recipe on Punchfork and thought they’d be perfect to take to Passover seder. I mean, what an improvement over those icky Manischewitz macaroons in a can. These were not only beautiful, but were soooooo tasty. I won the dessert award. It will be a new staple for Passover. Thanks.

8. Pingback: Easter Treats | Kate's Plate

9. Pingback: Nutella Egg Nests « mysuperfoods

10. Pingback: Easter Bird Nest Treats | Sweet Potato Bites

Margaret — April 8, 2012 @ 2:24 pm

Just wanted to post a quick thank you! I made these yesterday and they were quite a hit. The macaroon recipe is nice and simple and they are very cute (mine, however, are not as cute as yours! http://on.fb.me/HpVofm )

12. Pingback: Springtime |

13. Pingback: Change of Plans |

14. Pingback: Macaroon Nests « Sugar and Sage

Dana — April 9, 2012 @ 3:51 pm

Hi, I made these cookies for Easter and they certainly were delicious! The coconut nests were quite messy to make though, and I couldn’t get them to “gel” together. I tried to get them into a ball shape and then press down in the middle but to no avail. They came out perfectly fine, it just took a lot of messy work to do so! Any suggestions? Thank you!

16. Pingback: Easter Dinner: Dessert First – Coconut Macaroon Nests | the city girl cooks

17. Pingback: Easter Treats :: Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests « {then there was us}

Lauren — April 16, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

I made these for Easter this year and they were an absoluate hit! Everyone enjoyed them; they were so tasty and so easy to make. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

• Two Peas replied: — April 16th, 2012 @ 5:49 pm

You are welcome!

19. Pingback: Girls Camp 2012: Edible Birds Nests | Mutual Insanity

20. Pingback: Coconut Macadamia Lime Shortbread Cookies – Gluten Free

21. Pingback: Treetop Friends Baby Shower | DessertedPlanet.com

22. Pingback: 100 Heavenly Nutella Recipes

23. Pingback: Spring Break Crafts | Kay Boutique - Little Girls Clothing Boutique : Girls Clothing and Accessories Wholesale

24. Pingback: Easter Party Ideas from Paperfancy

25. Pingback: Easter Cookies - Simply Stacie

26. Pingback: 100 Egg-cellent Easter Ideas: Recipes, Decor, Crafts + MORE

27. Pingback: 20 Easter Dessert Recipes #Easter - Formula Mom | Texas Blogger

28. Pingback: 100 Nutella Recipes - Cookies, Cakes, Crepes + MORE!

29. Pingback: IW: 20 Sweet Easter Treats | perpetuallydaydreaming

30. Pingback: Friday’s Top Ten, 3.22.13 | Roochel's Randoms

31. Pingback: Easter Desserts | Today's Every Mom

32. Pingback: Coconut Macaroons with Raspberry Jam - Life made Sweeter

33. Pingback: 15 yummy Easter Desserts | I Heart Nap Time - How to Crafts, Tutorials, DIY, Homemaker

34. Pingback: Mini Egg Nests for Easter | On the Side of Nine to Five

35. Pingback: This and That | Two Peas & Their Pod

36. Pingback: Nutella Coconut Macaroon Nests | The Culinary Capers

37. Pingback: Coconut Macaroon Nutella Cookie Nests | Grub with Love

38. Pingback: Friday’s Top Ten, 3.29.13 | Roochel's Randoms

39. Pingback: Twentieth Thing: Mr blue sky | 50 Blue Things

40. Pingback: The Best Pumpkin Protein Muffins in the World - Nourish and Flourish