Coconut Pineapple Bread
When I made pineapple sorbet I was left with half of a fresh and juicy pineapple. I was tempted to eat it all by myself, but I decided to bake Coconut Pineapple Bread instead. Coconut and pineapple are a match made in heaven. I figured I couldn’t go wrong with adding them both to a sweet and buttery quick bread. I cut up the fresh pineapple into chunks and got out all of my ingredients to bake bread.
First, I toasted the coconut. It is amazing what a few minutes in the oven will do to coconut. I love the slight nutty flavor of toasted coconut. It is the best!
Next, I added the toasted coconut and fresh pineapple chunks to the bread batter. I gently folded them into the batter until the mixture was combined.
I poured the batter in the pan and topped it off with the additional coconut. I didn’t toast this coconut because the oven toasts it while baking. The bread bakes for about an hour. Our house smelled like a tropical paradise! I couldn’t wait to slice into the bread.
This bread reminds me of pineapple upside down cake, but in loaf form. The bread is very moist thanks to the sour cream and butter. Coconut and pineapple chunks are scattered throughout the loaf. The coconut topping adds a nice crunch to the buttery loaf of bread. This quick bread makes a great snack, breakfast, or is plenty sweet for dessert. We enjoyed a slice with a scoop of cold pineapple sorbet. I felt like I was on a tropical island enjoying a sweet and summery dessert.
If you like coconut and pineapple-this is the bread for you. It is easy to make and each slice will transport you to tropical paradise.
Coconut Pineapple Bread
Yield: 1 loaf
Cook Time: 60-65 minutes
1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread 1 cup of the coconut on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, tossing occasionally, 6 to 10 minutes; set aside. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low, and alternately add flour mixture in three parts and sour cream in two, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
4.Using a rubber spatula, fold pineapple and toasted coconut into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan, and smooth top; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes (cover pan with foil halfway through so the top of the bread doesn't burn).
6. Remove bread from oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like this Coconut Pineapple Bread, you might also like: