Easy White Chicken Chili
Easy White Chicken Chili-this comforting and delicious chili is easy to make thanks to rotisserie chicken. You can have a bowl of chili on the dinner table in no time!
I was up at Deer Valley last week for The Better Blog Retreat. I had the best time with my blogging friends. It was a fun and inspiring weekend, but boy am I exhausted. I stayed up way too late and ate way too much, but I guess that was all part of the fun. I hope I can make it through Monday. Dinner is definitely going to be easy tonight. Josh was super dad while I was gone so I am going to make him his favorite Easy White Chicken Chili for dinner. He deserves a little spoiling:)
Josh usually makes this recipe, but tonight I am going to make it for him. I think I can handle it on my own because it is beyond easy. The secret? Store bought rotisserie chicken. I am going to pick up a rotisserie chicken from Smith’s and shred it for the chili. Easy peasy! This is also a good recipe to make when you have leftover chicken to use up.
This white chicken chili is full of flavor and can be made in about 30 minutes. It is a great quick and easy weeknight meal. If you want to go all out, you can make Green Chile Cheddar Cheese Cornbread to go with. I am going to make a pan tonight because Josh loves dunking the cornbread in a hot bowl of chili.
If you are short on time, but still want a comforting and delicious dinner, make this Easy White Chicken Chili. It is Josh’s favorite and I think you will love it too!
If you like this Easy White Chicken Chili Recipe, you might also like:
- White Chickpea Chili
- Dad’s Spicy Chili
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili
- Vegetarian Quinoa Chili
Easy White Chicken Chili
Using rotisserie chicken makes this comforting and delicious chili super easy! It is a weeknight favorite during the cold months.
Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Cook the onion until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the white beans, green chiles, chicken broth, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, oregano, chicken, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Stir and let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Ladle chili into bowls and serve with desired toppings.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!