Flourless Chocolate Cookies
Flourless Chocolate Cookies-the BEST chocolate cookies! Chocolate lovers will go crazy for these cookies!
When we went to Jackson Hole this summer I not only fell in love with Jackson Hole, but with Persephone Bakery. I love everything about that little bakery-the style, atmosphere, friendly staff, and the sweets. I sampled several items from the darling bakery, but my favorite was the Flourless Chocolate Cookie. I enjoyed every morsel of that cookie and haven’t stopped thinking about it since our trip.
I wish I could drive to Jackson Hole every week to get my cookie fix, but since I hate driving in the snow, I decided to create my own Flourless Chocolate Cookie. I played around last week and ended up with the most divine chocolate cookie I have ever tasted. Don’t tell Persephone Bakery, but I think my cookie is even better:)
There is no flour in these cookies. Don’t worry, you won’t miss it. There is LOTS of chocolate instead.
Persephone Bakery uses chopped walnuts in their cookie, but I used my favorite Dark Cocoa Almonds from NatureBox. I am seriously obsessed with these almonds. They are heavenly and super addicting. I thought they would be perfect in my chocolate cookies…and I was right. The extra dose of chocolate took these cookies to a whole new level of goodness.
Look at the cookie batter? Don’t you want to dive right in? The batter is very thick and similar to brownie batter.
I added in mini chocolate chips because if you are going to have a chocolate cookie, have a chocolate cookie! No scrimping! These cookies have cocoa, NatureBox Dark Cocoa Almonds, AND mini chocolate chips. Pure chocolate bliss!
The cookies are super rich and fudgy! You will need a big glass of milk to wash these babies down!
One cookie cured my chocolate craving for the day! I was blown away by the intense chocolate flavor! I packaged the rest of the cookies up and shared them with our neighbors and friends. Ok, I saved a few for myself. I couldn’t part with them all. They are too good:)
Flourless Chocolate Cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day because everyone NEEDS chocolate on Valentine’s Day and these cookies are the VERY best chocolate cookies.
Flourless Chocolate Almond Cookies
Flourless chocolate cookies made with cocoa, dark cocoa almonds, and mini chocolate chips. A chocolate lovers dream cookie!
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-13 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Dark Cocoa Almonds (can use regular almonds or walnuts)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped almonds, powdered sugar, cocoa, salt, and mini chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment to beat egg whites until they are white and foamy, but are not stiff peaks. Fold in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of beaten egg whites and gently stir with a spatula until combined. The batter will be thick, like brownie batter.
- Use a 2 tablespoon sized cookie scoop to form cookie dough balls. Place the dough balls about two-inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 12-13 minutes, until the cookies are puffed, shiny and cracked. Remove cookies from oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Use a spatula to remove cookies from the baking sheet and place on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Note-if you don’t have cocoa almonds, you can use regular almonds or walnuts. If you need the cookies to be gluten-free, make sure you check the packaging of the chocolate chips and cocoa to make sure they are gluten-free.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious, originally by Francois Payard
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure: this post is in partnership with NatureBox, but all our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands we love, which allows us to keep our site going.