Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Monday is not my favorite day of the week. I have a hard time coming back to work, especially after a fun holiday weekend. We went hiking and spent time at the Dewey’s. We enjoyed the pool, a bbq, fireworks, etc. It was a perfect weekend.

On Saturday while the guys were playing “blood ball” in the pool, I baked cookies. Josh was outside and the Dewey’s love peanut butter so I tried a flourless peanut butter cookie. No flour in a cookie? You read it right. I was intrigued too. The recipe called for peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, and an egg. How easy! Of course I had to play around a little, so I added vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and chocolate chips.

The cookies melt in your mouth. They are soft, delicate, and full of peanut butter goodness. I am glad I added the chocolate chips, everyone loved the peanut butter and chocolate combo. When I told the group there was no flour in the cookies, they were amazed. No one even missed it! I will have to kick Josh out of the house so I can bake these again:)

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from
Joy the Baker

(Printable Recipe)

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup brown sugar & 1/2 cup white sugar)

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Pinch of salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
2. Mix the peanut butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth.

3. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.

4. Stir in the salt, baking soda, and chocolate chips.

5. Spoon dough into balls, about 1 Tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Place them on the cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.

6. Smash with a fork and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let them sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes. Move to a wire rack and cool. Make sure you don’t overbake. They will set up and you want them to be soft.

84 Responses to “Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies”

Manggy — July 7, 2009 @ 10:46 am

Aww poor Josh! :P I've seen something similar from Martha Stewart- the nuts give all the body! I can just imagine the pure nutty goodness!

The Fat Dietitian — July 7, 2009 @ 10:57 am

They look incredible! Do you know how many calories these bad boys have??? :)

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen — July 7, 2009 @ 11:53 am

Those sound so good! I love flourless desserts – like cakes…but I have never tried cookies…I will have to try these! :)

CookiePie — July 7, 2009 @ 1:39 pm

Chocolate + peanut butter + cookies = YUM!!! They look great!

Natashya — July 7, 2009 @ 2:06 pm

They look really tasty, I have never had flourless pb cookies before. They'd make a great ice cream sammie too!

Cakelaw — July 7, 2009 @ 3:37 pm

Yum! These look great, and the flourless factor makes them perfect as a gluten free treat.

Grace — July 7, 2009 @ 3:38 pm

blood ball? sounds fun yet disturbing. meanwhile, these cookies are stellar. they look so moist and so chewy at the same time–great stuff!

Allie — July 7, 2009 @ 4:15 pm

Why didn't I think of chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies? I love that they are flourless!

Melissa — July 7, 2009 @ 4:46 pm

I've never had a flourless cookie, I'm intrigued! They look delish!

Katrina — July 7, 2009 @ 5:13 pm

I almost made these (or similar recipe) last week because we have some neighbors who live gluten-free. I chose brownies instead, but WOW–these look great and I just might have to make some up! Yours look perfect!

Adam — July 7, 2009 @ 6:03 pm

That's actually my favorite PB cookie recipe. I call it the 1-1-1 so I can remember how much of what :)

Nice addition of the chips, and the vanilla… never have too much of a good thing.

Now to the real question… what the flip is 'bloodball'?

Bunny — July 7, 2009 @ 6:09 pm

Your cookies look fantastic, I love it that you added the chocolate chips. I have a flourless pb recipe to that when people eat it they are just amazed that there's no flour in them! Fantastic cookies!

Aimée — July 7, 2009 @ 6:45 pm

These look perfect!! Can I use my natural PB, or should I go with the processed stuff?

Deborah — July 7, 2009 @ 6:45 pm

I have seen people make these, but I've never tried them myself. I love your addition of the choc chips!

Maria — July 7, 2009 @ 7:38 pm

Everyone is curious about "blood ball." It is just what I call the guys game of basketball in the pool. They get very wild and vicious. Usually someone ends up with bruises or some blood shed. That is why I baked cookies:)

Katrina-I need your flourless brownie recipe. Sounds great!

Aimee-You can use natural PB. Make sure it is stirred well.

eatme_delicious — July 7, 2009 @ 8:35 pm

Mmm I've wanted to try this kind of peanut butter cookie for a while! They sound amazing.

Emily — July 8, 2009 @ 12:02 am

WOW! Holy cow do those cookies look fantastic! My goodness.

I don't blame you for not wanting to play blood ball. That doesn't sound fun. Or safe.

Usha — July 8, 2009 @ 7:51 pm

These look incredibly delicious, hard to believe these are flourless cookies…awesome !

♥Rosie♥ — July 9, 2009 @ 5:52 am

WOW flourless cookies!! They look and sound fantastic! This is a must try!

Megan — July 10, 2009 @ 2:26 pm

Yum! My friend makes cookies like this but never puts chips in them. I always thought if I made them, I would add chocolate chips. :o) They look delicious!

Megan — July 13, 2009 @ 7:13 am

I have made these many times and love them. My recipe was just 3 ingredients. PB, sugar and egg. I've added a touch of vanilla before but never chocolate chips. I've also made them with half Spenda for the sugar. It's our "diet" cookie. LOL The only problem with these cookies? I always have the ing. around so my daughter would always ask to make them.

Leslie — August 10, 2009 @ 9:43 pm

was about to go to bed.
    instead, i'm staying up to make these.

Michelle — April 6, 2010 @ 6:27 am

Looks like a perfectly delicious treat!

Jen @ How To: Simplify — April 6, 2010 @ 7:56 am

Chocolate and peanut butter is such a delicious combo!

Cookin' Canuck — April 6, 2010 @ 9:00 am

What an easy and delicious cookie recipe. There can never be too much peanut butter and chocolate!

Tracy — April 6, 2010 @ 10:18 am

I’ve made these before with SunButter, and they are AMAZING!

27. Pingback: Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

28. Pingback: Fluffernutter Cookies | Two Peas and Their Pod

29. Pingback: Domesticity. | Tati's World

Amanda — June 23, 2011 @ 5:30 am

I followed your recipe exactly, but the dough turned out very crumbly and was hard to form into balls. I used the Costco organic peanut butter. I tried to think of troubleshooting techniques, but save adding another egg I couldn’t come up with a solution that would make the dough more moist. Any ideas?

• Two Peas replied: — June 23rd, 2011 @ 10:01 am

I’ve used natural peanut butter and Skippy and both worked fine for me. Make sure your PB is well stirred.

Sarah — July 12, 2011 @ 3:31 pm

I made these today and they are wonderful!

• Two Peas replied: — July 12th, 2011 @ 4:25 pm

Glad you liked the cookies!

32. Pingback: Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies « …It's Progression Not Perfection…

33. Pingback: Little Red Delicious

Vicky — May 7, 2012 @ 6:50 pm

Just made them and they are delicious. Thanks!

35. Pingback: Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies | Recipe Biscuit

Elizabeth Martin — May 20, 2012 @ 9:20 pm

I read the recipe yesterday and couldn’t stand waiting any longer to make them. They turned out really good. Since I am gluten free, I have used rice flour etc. to make cookies for the past few years but no more! woohoo!

Kate @ Kate from Scratch — June 22, 2012 @ 10:24 am

Cute! Looks delicious too. My kids would love them!

Veronica — December 19, 2012 @ 7:33 pm

Very easy recipe tried them with peantbutter chips instead and they were great.

gaijina — December 28, 2012 @ 11:32 am

I finally tried these cookies and they were amazing!!!!! I already made them twice, in a week! they are just addicting, like a drug! happy new year by the way and thanks for the recipe!

Cat — February 26, 2013 @ 11:27 am

I just made these and they came out beautiful.