Glazed Lemon Cookies
We hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. We spent Easter in California with Josh’s family. It was nice to be surrounded by family, friends, and of course tasty food. I hope you haven’t overdosed on Easter candy, because I have a sweet recipe for you today-Glazed Lemon Cookies. These cookies are light, refreshing, and perfect for spring.
I make these cookies frequently during the spring and summer months. The cookies are soft and buttery with a hint of lemon. The lemon glaze adds a sweet and tart finish to these cheery cookies. These glazed lemon cookies make a great dessert for picnics, bbq’s, and showers. I’ve made them several times for friend’s bridal or baby showers. Everyone adores them.
If you need to add a little sunshine into your Monday, make a batch of Glazed Lemon Cookies. I am sure they will put a smile on your face. Enjoy!
Glazed Lemon Cookies
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
For the Cookies:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 35o degrees F. Line two baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add granulated sugar and lemon zest. Rub the sugar and lemon zest together with your fingers, until fragrant.
- Beat butter and sugar/lemon mixture together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended. Drop dough by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Gently flatten dough with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are just set and slightly golden brown. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to cooking racks. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Dip each cookie top into the lemon glaze. Let cookies sit until icing has set.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like Glazed Lemon Cookies, you might also like: