Golden Grahams S’mores Bars

Josh loves the S’more Rice Krispie Squares that I make. The last time I made a batch he said he wanted to create his own S’mores treat. I told him to go right ahead. He went to the store and came home with a box of Golden Grahams cereal. I was curious what he was going to do with them. I sat in the kitchen and watched while he made Golden Grahams S’mores Bars.

He started by melting butter and marshmallows together on the stove. Next, he added the Golden Grahams-so similar to making Rice Krispie treats. He pressed the mixture in a pan and got out a package of Hershey’s chocolate candy bars. He pressed the candy bars on top of the Golden Graham treats. Finally, he sprinkled mini marshmallows on top of the chocolate bars and put the entire pan under the broiler for a few minutes. The marshmallows got nice and toasty!

He let the bars cool and then cut them into big squares. He brought me one to sample and I was impressed. The bars were delicious and tasted exactly like S’mores. I loved the Golden Graham cereal base with the layer of Hershey’s chocolate and marshmallow topping. We took these bars to a picnic and all of our friend’s loved them. Way to go Josh!

If you are looking for a new way to enjoy S’mores give these Golden Grahams S’mores Bars a try!

And good news-our Mac is back and working like a dream! Thanks for all of your concern:) Apple is the best and had our computer back to us in no time! I am so glad!

Golden Grahams S'mores Bars

Yield: 12 bars

3 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows, plus 2 cups mini marshmallows for topping (4 1/2 cups total)
4 cups Golden Grahams cereal
4 (1.55 ounce) Hershey's Milk Chocolate Candy Bars

1. Grease a 8x8 pan and set aside. In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are melted and smooth. Stir in the Golden Grahams cereal. Press mixture into prepared pan.

2. Place Hershey's candy bars on top of the Golden Grahams treat and gently press them down. Sprinkle the remaining marshmallows evenly over the chocolate bars. Place under the broiler for about 2 minutes, or until marshmallows are slightly golden brown. Watch them closely so you don't burn the marshmallows. Let the bars cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.

If you like these Golden Grahams S’mores Bars, you might also like:

No-Bake S’mores Bars from How Sweet It Is
Nuts for S’mores Bars by My Kitchen Addiction
S’mores Bars from Recipe Boy
S’mores Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod

70 Responses to “Golden Grahams S’mores Bars”

Mari's Cakes — August 23, 2011 @ 8:47 am

Congratulate Josh for me, these graham smores look mouthwatering delicious!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe :)

Dmarie — August 23, 2011 @ 9:13 am

mmnnnn…looks absolutely yummy!

Becky at Vintage Mixer — August 23, 2011 @ 11:44 am

These have to be the most fun bars I’ve ever seen! I really really hope your little boy loves sweets :)

Diane {Created by Diane} — August 23, 2011 @ 12:55 pm

They look great, my kids would LOVE them.

Biz — August 23, 2011 @ 2:43 pm

Holy cow – how could I have forgotten about Golden Grahams? They were my favorite growing up – my grandma always had a box!

Sues — August 23, 2011 @ 4:07 pm

What an amazingly genius idea :) I love how pretty the browned marshmallows look!

Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart — August 23, 2011 @ 7:32 pm

You are fabulous! Golden Grahams are making a come back!

asian recipes — August 23, 2011 @ 8:19 pm

That look DELICIOUS!! And it looks super easy too.

best salad recipes — August 23, 2011 @ 8:28 pm

Such a delicious dish, gorgeous photos as well. tried and my kids loved it! thanks :)

Fondant Cake Recipes — August 23, 2011 @ 8:43 pm

Your recipes never cease to amaze me! I find myself wanting to try out all of them!

Feast on the Cheap — August 24, 2011 @ 6:48 pm

Yum! Just indulged in smores this past weekend up at a lake house in the adirondacks. Now I can recreate ‘em at home…

Rosie @ Sweetapolita — August 25, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

These look so amazing, Maria! I wonder if we have Golden Grahams cereal in Canada…I can’t remember, but must look into this. :) I love anything with marshmallows, and I would love to make these for our upcoming long weekend at the cottage–I know the gang would love them! Hope you’re feeling well, Maria! xo

This looks so simple but the outcome is amazing! Great job

Natasha — August 27, 2011 @ 11:08 am

made these today! delish ;P
    how did you manage to cut them so neatly?

• Two Peas replied: — August 28th, 2011 @ 1:30 am

Josh sprayed the knife with cooking spray, but didn’t do anything else special. They cut nicely! Glad you liked them!

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — August 27, 2011 @ 7:02 pm

I just made these yesterday to send with my husband for work. Everyone loved them!

• Two Peas replied: — August 28th, 2011 @ 1:29 am

Yay! Glad they were a hit!

susan — August 28, 2011 @ 8:24 pm

this is so up my alley, Maria! YUM!

17. Pingback: Cereal S’mores Bars and a Bday Recap! – Eat, Drink, and be Sperry!

natalie (the sweets life) — August 30, 2011 @ 12:02 pm

I’ve made a similar bar but never topped it like that! That is brilliant! :)

Molly — September 1, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

I just made these, and they’re divine! Would be a great treat for backpacking when we don’t want to tote around all of the separate ingredients, only to end up with smashed graham crackers at the campfire. Yum!!

sweetsugarbelle — September 19, 2011 @ 10:24 pm

These are PERFECT! EXACTLY how I would want them!

21. Pingback: Our 10 Favorite Recipes from 2011 | Two Peas & Their Pod

22. Pingback: Golden Graham S’mores Squares

Sharyn Dimmick — August 9, 2012 @ 10:28 pm

Now this is a s’more I could love — I don’t like graham crackers or milk chocolate (except in Reese’s peanut butter cups), but I love Golden Grahams cereal. Josh is a genius.

Kari — August 29, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

I somehow stumbled upon your website and this phenomonal recipe! I made them a few nights ago and I am surprised I have been able to not eat the whole pan. I am forcing myself to eat only 2 a day. Fortunately, my husband has not tasted them yet and does not know the wonders! I am a fanatic about s’mores and even found a way to serve them at my wedding. This is the best way to have s’mores all year long!!!!

ATasteOfMadness — January 1, 2013 @ 3:43 pm

Wow, this is so creative! I always have this cereal in my house, but no one likes to eat it. This is the perfect solution!!

Katie P. — February 22, 2013 @ 9:43 pm

I made these tonight – I didn’t have any Hershey bars, so I used a bag of milk chocolate chips. Yes…a whole bag. You’d think that would be overkill, but it so totally wasn’t. They taste awesome!

Andy — July 2, 2014 @ 12:26 pm

Hello from Guatemala! My friend alexia and I, are Making this now… We are so excited to try it! :)

• Two Peas replied: — July 2nd, 2014 @ 1:30 pm