Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin

Is anyone else confused on what day it is? My schedule has been messed up because the 4th of July was smack dab in the middle of the week. I am not complaining, we had a great holiday. I am just confused. Well, today is Friday and I am very happy about that. Bring on the weekend!

We had a busy, but fun week. Josh’s mom was visiting from California. We also had our neighbors over for dinner. They just had an adorable baby boy. We know what it is like to be sleep deprived parents, so we figured they could use a home cooked meal. Dinner is the last thing on your mind when you have a cute little baby to snuggle.  For dinner, Josh fired up the barbecue and made one of his favorite recipes-Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin.

This recipe is perfect for entertaining because it practically requires no work. The honey mustard marinade is easy to whisk up and then you just let the pork and marinade hangout in the fridge overnight.  About an hour and a half before chow time, slap the pork on the grill and grill to perfection!

The pork is tender, juicy, with a hint of sweet and spicy. We served Bush’s Bourbon and Brown Sugar Grillin’ Beans on the side. The beans complimented the pork nicely.

This easy pork tenderloin recipe is perfect for grilling season. Get out the grill this weekend, invite your family and friends over, and make Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin.

And while Josh was busy grilling the pork, I was busy baking a cake for dessert. You will have to come back on Monday for the recipe. I know, I am such a tease. Have a great weekend!!

Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin

Yield: Serves 6

Tender and juicy grilled pork tenderloin with a sweet and spicy honey mustard marinade.

To make the Honey Mustard Marinade:

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper

2 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin

Honey Mustard Sauce-for serving, optional:

1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard

1. In a large bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, mustard, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Pour mixture into a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Add the pork tenderloin. Seal the bag and make sure the pork is covered in the marinade. Chill in the refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally.

2. Remove the pork from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature before grilling. Discard marinade. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill tenderloin, covered with grill lid, 8 to 10 minutes on all sides or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 150° to 155°. Remove tenderloin from grill, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.

3. To make the honey mustard sauce, whisk together honey and Dijon mustard. Slice pork and serve warm with honey mustard sauce, if desired.

If you like this Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin, you might also like:

58 Responses to “Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin”

Kristina Vanni — July 10, 2012 @ 4:08 pm

This is a great combination of flavor. So succulent – thanks for sharing!

2. Pingback: What's Cooking... in your kitchen (week 10)

Mindy — August 1, 2012 @ 4:01 pm

I’ve been looking for this delicious recipe. I am the lucky neighbor that got to sit at your beautiful table and enjoy this meal. We loved it and I can’t wait to make it myself. That was such a fun night together-even if we were sleep deprived!

• Two Peas replied: — August 1st, 2012 @ 11:41 pm

We need to do dinner again…and soon:)

4. Pingback: Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin | Food n' Focus

5. Pingback: Food n' Focus – Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin

SUsan — August 21, 2012 @ 9:49 pm

Made this for dinner and it was delicious! I always overcook on the grill and my meat ends up dry but this turned out juicy and tasty! By the way, I love your recipes, each one I’ve made has been a keeper! Thanks!

7. Pingback: Tabbouleh Salad Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

Suz — December 11, 2012 @ 10:03 am

Was looking for a tasty marinade for some pork tenderloin I had on hand and wanted to make it something different and special. It’s middle of winter so grilling wasn’t really an option, but the marinade sounded yummy so I tried it with excellent results. I roasted the meat in the oven at 425 F until it was medium rare instead of grilling. Wow! Tasty! Juicy! I’m hoarding the leftovers to make heavenly sandwiches for myself. Thanks for the recipe. :)
    NOTE: I tasted the marinade before using and felt it wasn’t quite as sweet as I wanted so added 1Tbsp of Splenda brown and added 1 scant tsp of dried tarragon because I thought it would totally compliment the flavor profile.

9. Pingback: New Year’s Eve 2012 « Jaime Cooks: Endevours in Eating & Entertaining

10. Pingback: Krogers Meal Plan Ideas, Dec 2-5 | Weekly Ad Meals

Steve — January 6, 2013 @ 10:53 am

I’m trying your marinade on my pork tenderloins today! When they are ready I plan on dry-rubbing them and putting them in my smoker. My hope is that my rub will not clash with your marinade. Last but not least, I always pull my tenderloins out at 145 degrees and wrap them in foil to stand for at least 20 minutes. My critique of your recipe is that I think your temps are too high … from my many experiences anything beyond 150 degrees dries them out too much.

12. Pingback: The kinda sorta rest day « Runner Girl Eats

Amy — February 10, 2013 @ 11:29 am

This was a big hit with my family. I put in recommended amount of salt, but if I made it again I would use half the salt in the marinade.

Rebeka — March 5, 2013 @ 1:04 am

Amazing! I made this for my family and the loved it! The only thing I changed was the apple cider vinegar. While I was doubling the recipe I realized I only had 1/4 cup. After a couple google searches, I decided to use red wine vinegar as a substitute. I will definitely make this again soon!
    BTW: grilling is the way to go. The fat will carmelize and get crunchy and… and…

pardon me as I leave the computer to stuff my face with the leftovers :)

15. Pingback: Just In Case You Forgot About Memorial Day Too | oh so decadent

16. Pingback: The Novice Chef » 4th of July Round Up!

17. Pingback: Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin | A Balanced Life Cooks