Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Josh’s brother is visiting us from California and we are having a great time. Caleb sure loves having his uncle around and I love having another person to feed:)  The other day the guys wanted a snack so I whipped up a bowl of guacamole and made homemade baked tortilla chips. The guys were still hungry so I offered to make grilled cheese sandwiches. There was still some guacamole left so I asked them if they wanted a Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich. I don’t know if they were crazy about the idea, but agreed to try it. Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwiches sounded good to me:)

I used crusty white bread to make the sandwiches. I spread a thick layer of guacamole on each slice of bread and topped it with cheddar cheese. I buttered the outside of the bread and grilled the sandwiches to perfection. The guys loved the sandwiches and so did I-Josh shared his sandwich with me:)  I mean, really, what is not to love-bread, melted cheese, and creamy guacamole? The best grilled cheese sandwich I have ever had. Once you try a Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich, your life will be changed forever. So get going and make yourself a sandwich, you all need to experience the best grilled cheese on the planet.

Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Yield: 2 sandwiches

Cook Time: 5-7 minutes

The guacamole takes this grilled cheese sandwich to a whole new level of goodness.

To make the guacamole:
2 ripe avocados
1/2 small onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small jalapeño, stems and seeds removed, minced
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
A dash of freshly grated black pepper
1 Roma tomato, chopped

4 slices crusty white bread
4 slices Cheddar cheese
Butter, for buttering bread

1. To make the guacamole-cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avacado from the peel, put in a large bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Add the chopped tomato and stir.

2. Heat a pan or griddle to medium-high heat. Spread desired amount of guacamole on both slices of bread then top with cheese. Butter outer slices of bread and grill on one side for about 2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Flip the sandwich and grill until golden brown. Make the other sandwich the same way and serve warm.

If you like this Guacamole Grilled Cheese, you might also like:

233 Responses to “Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich”

1. Pingback: Spring Pea Guacamole Recipe for a Light Fresh Cinco de Mayo

2. Pingback: Guacamole Grilled Cheese Perfection

Sue — May 7, 2012 @ 7:28 pm

Made this for dinner tonight along with your cilantro lime quinoa and some black beans. It was so, so good!! I used a whole grain crusty bread from the grocery store bakery, plus Boar’s Head cheddar cheese. Thank you for the great recipe!

4. Pingback: Guacamole Grilled Cheese | Apple Butter Harmony

christie — May 12, 2012 @ 9:25 pm

Hi , I just added your amazing sandwich as a pin on pinterest. Hope it was ok, if not I will remove it.

6. Pingback: My Summer Bucket List « Living with Grace

priyanka — May 27, 2012 @ 10:19 pm

It was the most amazing grilled sandwich I have ever had! Hubby loved it too! :)

8. Pingback: Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese | "Playing With Pins"

9. Pingback: Cali-Land Chic » Link up: Oh How Pinteresting

10. Pingback: Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad | Chickpea Salad Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

11. Pingback: Weekly Pinterest Finds | Yummy Recipes | Green Eyed Country Girl

12. Pingback: Pig Pickin’ and This Weeks Menu « My Yummy Local Life

Lauren — July 24, 2012 @ 7:09 pm

Sounds amazing! I like to use mayo instead of butter on the bread. Makes it so yummy and rich!

Kalpesh Pandya — August 1, 2012 @ 7:08 am

Mr. Josh and Maria ,

I thank you very much for the new receipe i learned today .
    May I suggest you a nice Sauce to serve along with it .
    We Indians call it A Chutney and it tastes spicy and sour deending on the amount of Chillies and Lemon juice one adds . Am giving you the preapration receipe if you would love to try it ( may be you must be knowing it though )

Ingredients

Coriandar Fresh 200 Gms

Chilles 4/5 pc

Raw Peanuts 40 Gms

Lemon juice 2 Teaspoons

12- 14 leaves of Fresh Mint

ginger peeled and cleaned 10 grams

Sugar 1 Tea Spoon

Cumin (Whole) Seeds

Salt as Desired to taste

Method

put all the ingriedients ( accept Cumin Seeds, Salt and Lemon Juice ) in a

Mixture Grinder Steel Jar , add little water

Churn it till it becomes a thin like sauce , add the cumin seeds and churn it

for a minute or so , remove the sauce (Chutney ) in a Bowl add lemon juice

and Salt as required ………………..

Enjoy it with Receipes like Sandwitch , Fritters and many things .

15. Pingback: Savory Summers «

16. Pingback: Pinterest Boards : Yum « Vanilla & Rose

17. Pingback: Stacked Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Guacamole | Hip Foodie Mom

18. Pingback: | Pretty and FitPretty and Fit

19. Pingback: Three Easy Meals for Labor Day • Chief Crew

Christy @ My Invisible Crown — September 4, 2012 @ 7:19 pm

This looks fabulous! I’m super new at this blogging thing but will have to make these with a big bowl of chili as soon as the weather turns cool. Thnaks!!!

21. Pingback: Menu Plan Thursday | 9/6-9/12 | Green Eyed Country Girl

Amber — September 10, 2012 @ 2:25 pm

I just made this but made it into a quesadilla instead because I had no bread. Basically did the guacamole & cheddar on a whole wheat tortilla. Cooked with light olive oil cooking spray. It was super delicious and easy.

Amanda Hall — October 6, 2012 @ 3:29 pm

I finally made this today after dreaming about this sandwich all week while our avocados ripened. I mmm’d my way through each and every bite! It totally lived up to my every expectation and more and is now my new favorite sandwich. Thank you so much for sharing!

linda — October 14, 2012 @ 5:27 pm

this recipe is amazing, especially that I’m the kind of person that can’t stand to eat the same food twice in a month. thanks

25. Pingback: Vegetable Quinoa Soup Recipe | Quinoa Soup Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

26. Pingback: Guacamole Crunch Grilled Cheese

ashleigh — December 4, 2012 @ 8:24 pm

best guac ive ever made! my mother in law couldn’t stop eating it! I added a few dashes of chipotle pepper salt. tasted so so good on the grilled cheese sandwich also! will certainly be making this again :)

28. Pingback: Christmas Eve Guacamole for a Feliz Navidad!

29. Pingback: Avocado, white cheddar & tomato grilled cheese | عالم رومانسيات

Simone Zoe — February 5, 2013 @ 7:09 pm

This might have already been suggested (I didn’t read all 200 comments) but just in case- try adding sliced smoked turkey breast & bacon. The different textures and flavors complement each other wonderfully and make for a truly awesome grilled cheese!

31. Pingback: Guacamole Grilled Cheese | recetterie

32. Pingback: Tuesday Tips: St. Paddy’s Day Cocktail - Julep Blog - Julep Beauty Buzz

WholesaleShamballaBrac — March 21, 2013 @ 10:53 pm

I care for such info a lot. Wholesale Shamballa Bracelet http://ku-pay.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=473159

34. Pingback: Green Grilled Cheese. | Everyday Sparkle

Heather@Life Captured — March 24, 2013 @ 11:25 am

Made this today for lunch. It’s so good! Hubby loved it!

Beth McMullen — April 13, 2013 @ 7:53 pm

Fantastic! I used a chipotle gouda instead of cheddar, and my own guac recipe (because I’m a bit if a guac- fanatic). Melty, gooey cheese with guacamole; seriously in heaven. My husband thinks I should add bacon next time. (He always wants to add bacon.) yes!

37. Pingback: Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich | Love Yourself And Your Body

This grilled cheese looks so delicious. Have you entered it in the Grilled Cheese Academy’s recipe showdown? If not, you should! Here’s the website: http://grilledcheeseacademy.com

Trish - Mom On Timeout — May 10, 2013 @ 10:43 pm

This just looks like summer in a sandwich to me – yum!

40. Pingback: Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich | Train2Travel