Honey Yogurt Waffles

Honey Yogurt Waffles

I try to eat yogurt every day, but Josh won’t touch the stuff. Wait, I take that back, Josh always makes our homemade yogurt, but he won’t eat it.  He hates the smell, texture, and taste. So when I made Honey Yogurt Waffles one morning I decided to keep the yogurt part of the waffles a secret. I am so sneaky:)

I asked Josh if he could guess the secret ingredient, but he isn’t very good at that game. After he polished off two waffles I told him he just ate yogurt waffles. He wasn’t upset because he really enjoyed them. Now, he will eat yogurt, but only in waffles.

These waffles ares soft, fluffy, and sweet. Add Honey Yogurt Waffles to your breakfast or dinner menu today! Next time I don’t have to hide the ingredients from Josh. In fact, I am thinking these would be the perfect waffles for breakfast in bed. I better tell Josh to get cooking:)

Honey Yogurt Waffles

Yield: Serves 4

3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups skim milk
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup honey
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Maple syrup or honey-for serving

1. Melt the butter in the microwave and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, honey, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Gently fold in the melted butter.

2. Preheat and lightly grease the waffle iron.  When the waffle iron is hot, pour batter into the wells of the waffle iron. (Fill according to the manufacturer's instructions).
Close the lid and bake until the waffle is golden and set. Carefully remove waffle from iron and serve warm with maple syrup or a drizzle of honey.

Note: To keep the waffles warm, preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Place a tray of waffles in the oven to keep warm until serving.

Recipe adapted from Williams Sonoma

If you like these Honey Yogurt Waffles, you might also like:

Basic Waffles from Two Peas and Their Pod
Lemon-Yogurt Waffles from The Perfect Pantry
Buttermilk Ricotta Waffles from In Jennie’s Kitchen
Buckwheat Belgium Waffles from Shutterbean

102 Responses to “Honey Yogurt Waffles”

1. Pingback: Blueberry Yogurt Waffles | Blueberry Waffle Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

2. Pingback: 50 Waffles and Pancakes - Something Swanky

Alexander — November 27, 2012 @ 4:54 pm

Great website. A lot of useful information here.
    I am sending it to several pals ans additionally sharing in delicious.
    And certainly, thank you on your effort!

Senay — January 4, 2013 @ 4:05 pm

I made these for my parents and myself today. I used whole wheat oats instead of just “plain” oats. The flavors all come together to make these just sweet enough that you can eat them as they are, no toppings required. I had a mixture of raspberries and blueberries to garnish them.

I have a photo of my plate (I hope this works):
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Senay — January 4, 2013 @ 4:06 pm

That link didn’t work. Here is the actual link to the photo:

Carol Hanshew — January 16, 2013 @ 9:10 am

These are absolutely delicious! I made them this morning but my batter was very thin. I’m not sure what I did wrong. I ended up adding more flour. Do you have any suggestions?

• Two Peas replied: — January 16th, 2013 @ 7:31 pm

What kind of waffle iron do you use? Ours turn out nice and fluffy!

7. Pingback: Waffle 101: « My "sous-vide" life

Anonymous — February 5, 2013 @ 2:16 pm

There have been a number of great recipes from this site, but this one was not for me. The waffles were very soft and floppy, and the high honey content made them prone to burn. These might have been better as a pancake, which tend to be floppy, since I have more temperature control on my griddle than on my waffle iron.

lahunha — March 3, 2013 @ 11:44 am

I loved this recipe! I substituted lemon extract from the vanilla and it gave it a wonderful flavor! My husband always puts syrup on them but decided they didn’t need any! Thanks for this amazing recipe!

10. Pingback: Honey Yogurt Waffles | The Full Fork

11. Pingback: New Year’s Resolutions: 20 Healthy Recipes to Kick Off 2014 | Seaside Vacations

12. Pingback: TRADITIONAL April 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Once A Month Cooking, Freezer Cooking) from Once A Month Mom | OAMC from Once A Month Meals

13. Pingback: Chocolate Zucchini Carrot Bread Recipe + Baking with Yogurt Recipe Round-Up - The Lemon Bowl