Kitchen Remodel: The Big Reveal

Kitchen Remodel: The Big Reveal

As most of you know, we have been remodeling our kitchen and house for the past four months. It has been a long road, but we are done! Yahoo! It is finally time to share our new kitchen with all of you. I know many of you have been anxiously awaiting for the big reveal, so without further ado, welcome to Two Peas and Their Pod’s new Thermador kitchen.

First, I want to show a few photos of our kitchen before and during the remodel process. If you want to recap the entire process, check out Kitchen Remodel: Part One, Two, and Three.

As you can see, we had our work cut out for us. Luckily, Josh is a miracle worker and with the help of many family members and friends, we transformed our tiny, not so functional kitchen, into our dream kitchen. I feel like we should all be shouting MOVE THAT BUS:) Here is our new kitchen!

So what do you think? I get goosebumps every time I look at these photos. I still can’t believe this is our kitchen! We are very pleased with the outcome. I know this post is already long, so I won’t go into any detail here, but stay tuned! We can’t wait to talk about the appliances, countertops, cabinets, etc.

Welcome home Two Peas and Their Pod, welcome home!

Thermador provided the appliances for our kitchen, but our opinions are our own.

422 Responses to “Kitchen Remodel: The Big Reveal”

Vicki Bensinger — January 29, 2012 @ 8:33 am

You both did an amazing job on transforming your kitchen. I’m so impressed that you did this yourselves. It’s beautiful, and very functional. I’m sure you look forward to going in there each day.

Becky Cochran — February 4, 2012 @ 2:11 pm

Is your kitchen about 14×20? It looks about the size of our space. Did you have a professional design your layout? How did you go about the process of finding a designer? Thanks in advance.

• Two Peas replied: — February 5th, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

Hi, our kitchen is about 11×25. Josh and one of our designer friends did the layout. Are you in Utah? I can give you our friend’s information if you are interested.

Ange @ Everyday Desserts — February 5, 2012 @ 1:33 am

AHH, this kitchen is amazing! Seriously, my dream kitchen! Absolutely love it! :)

Viviana — May 29, 2012 @ 2:33 pm

Okay, I am totally going to steal this kitchen!! Its is so perfectly simple, bright and beautiful. I have a galley kitchen and will be starting our remodeling project here in the next month. This can be duplicated so inexpensively! We are also doing all the work ourselves before we move in to the house. White shaker cabinets, check, white subway tile, check, grey counter tops, check. I even love the pendants. I am in love. Thank you so much for sharing! Congratulations!

rebecca — May 30, 2012 @ 3:14 pm

i just came across this post and wanted to tell you i love your kitchen especially the breakfast bar area.
    love your recipes too!

nathan — June 7, 2012 @ 6:03 pm

Your kitchen is amazing! I am incredibly jealous of that stovetop. ;)

7. Pingback: What’s with these pot-filler faucets? « Color Calling

Literally just yelled out loud and said “NO FREAKING WAY!” Your kitchen is absolutely stunning, modern, clean, and fresh and so much more. love it. Wish I could come home and cook to that everyday. I’m sure you enjoy every minute of it :)

Denise — June 25, 2012 @ 9:37 am

amazing job! i especially love the pendant lights. where did you get them & do you mind revealing the cost?

10. Pingback: A transition from a traditional to a stylish modern kitchen

11. Pingback: Ideias para a remodelação da cozinha tradicional. | A casa de viver

12. Pingback: Thermador Wall Oven Giveaway | Two Peas & Their Pod

donna wenckus — August 2, 2012 @ 8:38 pm

Great job! I love how it turned out, but have to say I’m not keen on the tv in the dining room…just my own thing..

Gabe — August 6, 2012 @ 2:23 pm

what color and type of countertops are they? I hope you don’t mind I copy the look.

15. Pingback: Boje u kuhinji

Iverna — October 14, 2012 @ 1:34 pm

It’s beautiful! I wanna do the same with my kitchen. So I wonder: can you tell me the height of the sink? Is it standard, or higher/lower than normal?
    Thanks!! Bye from the Netherlands!

17. Pingback: The Weekend Dish: 12/11/2010 | Brown Eyed Baker

Jana — October 30, 2012 @ 4:16 am

Hi love your kitchen!!! So sleek simple and clean! I wanted to know the square feet of your kitchen? Or the dimensions… My husband and I are buying a house that a similar layout would work perfectly! Great ideas! Thanks.

azita — October 30, 2012 @ 10:22 pm

I just found your blog and made it to this post and oh my … my jaw dropped. Your kitchen is astonishing. Gorgeous. Breathtaking. Wow! It is a dream kitchen. Congrats on a fantastic remodel.

20. Pingback: Apple Cinnamon Crumble | Apple Crumble Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

Nicole Macaluso — November 24, 2012 @ 6:33 pm

What stain did you use on your floors? They are stunning!

22. Pingback: This and That | His & Hers Favorite Things 2012 | Two Peas & Their Pod

Angela — January 17, 2013 @ 1:03 pm

Your kitchen looks amazing! We are going to start our kitchen remodel this year and one thing I’m having a hard time with is finding kitchen cabinets that are of quality. What brand/where did you get your kitchen cabinets. They look like they are nice quality.

julie — February 12, 2013 @ 11:48 pm

breathtaking kitchen! what stain did you use on your floors??

Kimmers in the Kitchen — March 24, 2013 @ 9:13 am

We are in the planning phase of our kitchen remodel. I came across your pics today and LOVE what you did with your kitchen. I, too, am thinking of white cabinets and hardwood floors. Forgive me if I missed it, but I searched your site for the name of the cabinets and didn’t find it. Would you mind telling me what cabinet manufacturer, door style, and finish you used? I’d also love to hear about any super-cool features you incorporated, like that cupboard with the bookshelf above it by the refrigerator. I need one of those along my refrigerator, too. Thanks in advance for answering my questions. The entire kitchen is absolutely stunning, and I’m just thrilled for you!

• Two Peas replied: — March 24th, 2013 @ 9:46 am

The cabinets are custom made cabinets from Peppertree. We love them! We love the cabinet with the shelf. It is a nice size pantry and great extra storage. Good luck with your remodel!

Wow! What is that faucet-looking thing above the oven?Is it a faucet? It looks so nice!!!!!!!!!

• Two Peas replied: — April 23rd, 2013 @ 10:47 pm

Yes, it is a pot filler so you don’t have to take your big pots to the sink:)

Wonderful site. Plenty of useful information here.
    I’m sending it to several buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks to your sweat!

28. Pingback: If These Walls Could Talk | Leite's Culinaria

29. Pingback: Raised Herb Garden | Two Peas & Their Pod

Heather in Boise — June 18, 2013 @ 9:39 am

What color Caesarstone did you use for your counters?

• Two Peas replied: — June 18th, 2013 @ 10:19 am

They are concrete.

31. Pingback: The Perks of Being a Food Blogger…

Len Estrada — July 2, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

That is an incredible transformation. Beautiful. Congratulations on your new kitchen!

susan — July 3, 2013 @ 9:54 am

hi, found your blog while looking at thermador appliances. love your kitchen!! question for you, we have a corner sink set up like yours – wondering which brand/style/size you picked. I have shorter arms so trying to find one that’s not a long stretch to reach faucet. thanks for any info!!

• Two Peas replied: — July 3rd, 2013 @ 11:41 am

We have a Franke sink. I am not sure on the size. It is a single sink. We love it!

fotki.com — July 18, 2013 @ 12:18 am

Hola! I was interested to know if setting up a site such your own:
    http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/kitchen-remodel-the-big-reveal/comment-page-9/ is tough to do for inexperienced people?
    I have been hoping to set up my own blog for a while now but
    have been turned off mainly because I’ve always believed it demanded tons of work. What do you think? Regards

GiuseppeRispoli — November 1, 2013 @ 12:26 am

Its Febulous . what a fantastic job. You both should be so proud of yourselves! Really its awsom guys.

Jessica — November 20, 2013 @ 5:58 pm

WOW! That is an amazing new kitchen! What a transformation! Beautiful!

Mellybmac — December 10, 2013 @ 5:31 pm

I love the counter tops! You commented that they are Caesarstone. Can you please give me the exact type/style/colour?

Hire a Professional Designer — January 8, 2014 @ 4:05 am

Wow! This is a beautiful transformation! Great effort!

Great job on transforming your kitchen. I appreciate your work.

Lourdes — March 26, 2014 @ 1:22 pm

hi – I’m brand new to your blog – read about you in the current Better Homes & Garden magazine. I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN!!! And congratulations on your pregrnancy! Lots of blessing to your family. I can’t wait to try some of your recipes – my mouth was watering just reading some of them! Sincerely, Lourdes A.

• Two Peas replied: — March 26th, 2014 @ 1:27 pm

Thank you for stopping by! We hope you enjoy our recipes!