We are cookie crazy this week. I blame it on the holiday season, even though I am always crazy about cookies. At least I have an excuse this time of year:) Every Christmas I make lace cookies. They are a tradition in our home and I finally got around to making a batch this week. We put up our Christmas tree and enjoyed lace cookies to celebrate the season.
Lace cookies are thin, crisp, and buttery. They are good eaten plain, but we always spread one cookie with melted chocolate and add another cookie on top. Lace cookies sandwiched between chocolate are the best. We use dark chocolate, but milk or white chocolate would be tasty as well. I have even used Nutella and talk about a treat! Josh likes to eat his lace cookies with hot chocolate-double the chocolate, double the fun! They are also great with milk, tea, or coffee.
Make lace cookies part of your Christmas tradition this year. These dainty cookies always make an appearance at our house. It wouldn’t be Christmas without them!
These pretty cookies are so easy to make and a favorite during the holiday season.
Yield: 20 sandwich cookies
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and oats. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, cream, corn syrup, and vanilla. Mix with the beater blade until smooth. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Drop about 3/4 of a teaspoon of batter onto prepared baking sheets. Try to make the cookies all the same size. Place only 12 cookies on each sheet because the cookies will spread in the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Find 2 cookies that are about the same size. Spread one cookie with melted chocolate. Place other cookie on top. Repeat with remaining cookies.
Recipe from The Essence of Chocolate
All images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these lace cookies, you might also like: