Lemon Raspberry Bars

Lemon Raspberry Bars

We are less than one week away from the 4th of July. If you are looking for a summer dessert to impress your family and friends, look no further. These lemon raspberry bars will knock everyone’s flip flops off! The bars are beautiful and easy to make, but don’t tell-remember we are trying to impress this holiday:)

Lemon desserts are perfect for summer time. I love making bar treats for holiday celebrations too. They are easy to make, cut, serve, and everyone loves them. These bars have a thick graham cracker crust that is topped with a creamy lemon raspberry filling. The fresh raspberries add a hint of tartness to the luscious lemon filling. The bars are best served chilled and can be made in advance, another bonus. These lemon raspberry bars are a no fuss dessert that everyone will love.

Lemon Bars

Celebrate the 4th of July with lemon raspberry bars. Everyone at the party will want the recipe for these dreamy lemon raspberry bars. You are welcome to share the recipe or it can be our little secret on how simple these beautiful bars are to make:)

Several of you have asked me about my evo conference experience. It was amazing. My head is still on overdrive trying to process the information I learned. When it all sinks in I will write a post. In the meantime,  make sure you “like” Two Peas and Their Pod on Facebook, I will be posting pictures from the evo conference on our page.

Raspberry Lemon Bar Recipe

For the filling:

2 large egg yolks
1-14 oz. can fat free sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
6 ounces fresh raspberries

Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 8 by 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Stir until graham cracker crumbs are moist. Press crumbs into the prepared pan, pressing the crust mixture one inch up the side of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.

Once the crust is cool, combine the egg yolks and condensed milk until well mixed. Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until mixture begins to slightly thicken. Gently fold in the raspberries. Fold carefully so you don't break the raspberries.

Pour the lemon raspberry filling evenly over the graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just set.

Cool to room temperature, then chill for at least one hour before serving. Cut into bars and serve. Keep bars in the refrigerator-up to five days.

*Note-use fresh raspberries and make sure you gently fold the berries into the lemon filling or you will have pink bars.

If you like these raspberry lemon bars, you might also like:

Lime Bars from Two Peas and Their Pod
Lemon Bars from Two Peas and Their Pod
Raspberry Crumb Bars from Cooking for Seven
Creamy Lemon Crumb Squares from The Pioneer Woman

132 Responses to “Lemon Raspberry Bars”

1. Pingback: Lemon Cream Bars | Two Peas & Their Pod

2. Pingback: Lemon Blueberry Bars | Two Peas & Their Pod

3. Pingback: Recipe Lemon Raspberry Squares

I was just cruising through your recipes and this one made me stop. It looked exactly like the bars our friends brought over for us last weekend, after they had picked our raspberries while we were out of town for a few days. I asked for the recipe and they scanned it for me, but it lost the source info on the bottom during the translation – it’s definitely your recipe. So fun to learn it’s yours – and it’s delicious!

• Two Peas replied: — July 29th, 2011 @ 10:15 am

Glad you liked the lemon raspberry bars and glad you found the recipe:)

5. Pingback: Lemon Raspberry Bars | livelovepasta

6. Pingback: Lemon Raspberry Bars | The Culinary Enthusiast

7. Pingback: Lemon Raspberry Bars | Cloud 8½

8. Pingback: hiddenponies – Saturday Sweets: Lemon Raspberry Squares

9. Pingback: hiddenponies – Lemon Raspberry Pie

10. Pingback: Five Favorite Cakes | The Westmonster Daily

11. Pingback: Cooking frenzy « Library Mom

Colleen — May 27, 2012 @ 7:31 pm

These were very good, lemony and summery. However, I followed the recipe exactly and used an 8×8 pan and only got 9 bars. If I had cut them into 16 as suggested, they would have been very tiny, much smaller than the photos.

Sherri — June 14, 2012 @ 3:14 pm

My daughter made these for us and they WERE delicious. See them on her blog at:

I could go for a little less butter in the crust, but otherwise perfect.

Elizabeth — July 4, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

I made these with blueberries added for the 4th of July.. I couldn’t stop myself from licking the bowl so I can only imagine how the finished product will taste. Thanks for the great recipe!

15. Pingback: Lemon and Raspberry Bars « Chew Nibble Nosh

16. Pingback: Raspberry Sorbet Bubblies

17. Pingback: Tide and Thyme » Lemon Berry Bars

18. Pingback: Citroenrepen met verse frambozen | Yummy in my Tummy!

19. Pingback: Lemon blackberry bars – townie « Town Mouse and Country Mouse

Cheryl — December 31, 2012 @ 9:50 am

Can regular instead of lowfat sweetened condensed milk be used?

• Two Peas replied: — December 31st, 2012 @ 10:06 am

Yes, you can use regular sweetened condensed milk. Enjoy!

Chels — March 31, 2013 @ 11:30 pm

The flavor in these is GREAT and the texture if PERFECT! However, I think I will alter the crumb/filling proportions next time I bake these. I saw the use of the 9×9 in the pictures, then read the reviews and saw that the recipe indeed was for a 9×13. The crumbs easily covered the bottom of the 9×13 and the crumb layer was the perfect depth, however, the lemon/filling layer is below 1/2 in. thick. The next time I make these I will probably opt to just use enough crumbs to cover the bottom of a 9×9 or 11×7 with the filling to see if I can get a bit more thickness out of the lemon layer.

Liz — June 3, 2013 @ 10:59 am

Thank you. Love lemon and raspberries.

23. Pingback: Lemon Rasberry Bars {recipe}

Wendy — June 4, 2013 @ 3:40 pm

I was wondering if I could press the crust into cup cake wrappers to make individual portions or if it would be better to make them whole and just cut squares that I could set down into cupckae wrappers for serving. Thanks in advance for any advice. Wendy

25. Pingback: 4th of July: Dessert | because you asked me to

get lean — August 2, 2013 @ 3:41 am

Your style is very unique in comparison to other folks I’ve read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you’ve got the
    opportunity, Guess I’ll just book mark this blog.

Evas — October 11, 2013 @ 6:24 pm

I am a huge lemon bar fiend but have never had “creamy” ones like these that are made with condensed milk so I gave them a try. LOVED them! I can never decide if I prefer shortbread crust or graham cracker crust for lemon bars though, next time I make these I might try the shortbread and see how it pairs.

28. Pingback: Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes! XOXO | A Spicy Perspective

LaWanda — June 30, 2014 @ 9:52 pm

Can I double the recipe and make it in a 9×13 pan?

Sandy Parks — July 7, 2014 @ 1:58 pm

My husband, my mother and myself are all diabetic. How do you think this recipe would be if I used Splenda (or something similar)?

31. Pingback: Monday Inspiration {17} | Farmgirl Writes

Corrinne Jones — July 17, 2014 @ 8:23 pm

I just joined this site 5 minutes ago and have already shared the Lemon Raspberry Bars. They look so summery and scrumptious! Saturday’s dessert :-)

Cayty Dean — July 18, 2014 @ 5:31 pm

I made these with fresh wild blackberries that were in season and they were amazing! Fabulous recipe! Thanks.

34. Pingback: 14 Ways to Use Fresh, Seasonal Raspberries - From Away

from Poland — July 29, 2014 @ 2:53 am

can I use sweetened condensed milk with fat ?

• Two Peas replied: — July 29th, 2014 @ 9:10 am

Leah @ Whitefoot Blog — August 9, 2014 @ 9:45 pm

These look fantastic! At first I thought these were cheesecake bars :)

Mary — August 16, 2014 @ 11:01 am

Are the raw eggs ok to be consumed by kids in the recipe !