Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Josh was out of town for a couple of days last week. I always hate it when he is gone, but there is one, and only one benefit-I can eat and bake with peanut butter:) The last time he was out of town, I made vegetable spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce-soooo good! This time I wanted to do some baking. I had a hard time deciding what to bake, my peanut butter list is very long. Of course, I ended up baking cookies:)
I wanted a hearty, old fashion, good cookie, so I baked peanut butter oatmeal cookies. I was going to add in chocolate chips, until I looked through my hidden stash of peanut butter goodies:) I found mini Reese’s peanut butter cups-yahoo! They were the perfect addition. The cookies were filled with peanut butter and the oats kept them wholesome. I used chunky peanut butter, the peanut chunks gave the cookies a nice texture. I added in a little bit of cinnamon which added in an extra bit of deliciousness.
I made sure to get rid of the cookies before Josh got home-don’t worry, I didn’t eat the entire batch, I could of, but I shared with friends:) There was no evidence of my peanut butter baking adventures, only the reminder in my mind of how wonderful these cookies are!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (creamy is fine too)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup mini Reese's peanut butter cups
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheet with Silpats or parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until creamy-this will take about 2 minutes, on medium speed. Add the peanut butter and mix until creamy. Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
4. On low, add in the dry ingredients. Mix just until the combined, don't over mix.
5. Stir in the oats and peanut butter cups until everything is combined.
6. Scoop the cookies into round balls and place on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches in between cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned and puffed. They will set up after they cool, so don't overbake.
7. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
*Note-I found the mini peanut butter cups in the baking aisle.If you can't find mini Reese's peanut butter cups, you can chop regular size Reese's peanut butter cups or use chocolate chips.*
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these cookies, you might also like:
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Peanut Butter Chip Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips from Two Peas and Their Pod
Flourless Monster Cookies from Picky Cook
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies from Savory Sweet Life
Magic Peanut Butter Middles from Buns in My Oven