Peppermint Crunch Brownie Bites

Who is spending the weekend in the kitchen? My hand is raised. I’ve already baked a lot of cookies, but there is always more to bake during the holiday season. I know your baking list is probably full, but if you have room for one more treat, please add these Peppermint Crunch Brownie Bites to your list.

I made the brownies from scratch, but if you are in a pinch, you could use your favorite box mix. I used a mini muffin tin to make the brownie bites. They are the perfect size for holiday parties or for portion control. Although, the portion control thing really didn’t work for me. I kept popping the brownie bites into my mouth. I couldn’t stop myself:)

I dipped the brownie bites into white chocolate and sprinkled crushed candy canes on top. The white chocolate and candy canes created a festive look and added a nice “frosting” to the brownies. The recipe makes about 48 brownie bites-so you can taste test a few and give the remaining brownies as gifts or serve them at your holiday party.

Spread some holiday cheer with Peppermint Crunch Brownie Bites. They are sure to make anyone’s holiday season brighter.

Peppermint Crunch Brownie Bites

Yield: 48 brownie bites

Cook Time: 12-15 minutes

Chocolate brownie bites dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with candy cane pieces. These mini treats are perfect for gift giving or for serving at holiday parties.

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
4 large eggs
3/4 cup cocoa (I used dutch processed)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
10 large candy canes, crushed

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini muffin pan with non stick cooking spray or line with paper cups. Set aside.

2. Place butter in medium saucepan on the stove. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; stir until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; stir until combined.

3. Fill each muffin cup slightly more than halfway full. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a brownie bite. Allow the brownie bites to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.

4. While the brownie bites are cooling, melt white chocolate in the microwave, in a microwave safe bowl, or by using a double-boiler. Dip the tops of the brownie bites in the white chocolate. Set on a wire cooling wrack and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Continue until all of the brownie bites are dipped and sprinkled. Let white chocolate harden before serving.

If you like these Peppermint Crunch Brownie Bites, you might also like:

56 Responses to “Peppermint Crunch Brownie Bites”

vanillasugarblog — December 17, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

this is going to be a very fattening season isn’t it? lol

Lora @cakeduchess — December 17, 2011 @ 11:03 pm

We’ve been baking cookies nonstop these weeks. I’m ready for a break;)Love these brownie bites. Sending you hugs:)xx

So cute with the peppermint decoration on top!

Andrea — December 18, 2011 @ 8:02 pm

Is this recipe made with unsalted butter?

• Two Peas replied: — December 18th, 2011 @ 8:06 pm

Yes, I used unsalted butter.

antique engagement rings — December 19, 2011 @ 9:02 am

Looks fantastic….. peppermint is very healthy!

Susan — December 19, 2011 @ 10:05 am

Made these Sat. morning for a christmas party, they were a hit! They tasted great, were easy to make and not even one was left when the party was done! These will stay on my christmas cookie list for years to come.
    Thanks

Georgia Pellegrini — December 19, 2011 @ 8:20 pm

These are precious and would make a great alternative to Christmas cookie gifts!

Geny — December 20, 2011 @ 3:58 pm

These look delish, hooray for peppermint!!

Loie — December 25, 2011 @ 9:55 pm

These are so yummy! The only problem I had was they also stuck to the muffin paper liners. Wonder if I can spray the paper liners….and dipping them in the white chocolate didn’t work…so I used the white chocolate like frosting and frosted them!

Lauren — January 22, 2012 @ 8:09 pm

These were delicious! Note to others: If you want to use this technique on a 9×9 pan of brownies, cut the brownies BEFORE you pour on the chocolate… trying to cut solidified chocolate makes for a crumbly mess! It still tastes amazing though :) Thanks for the recipe!

Rosanne — January 22, 2012 @ 10:43 pm

My brownies keep collapsing in the oven. What am I doing wrong? I followed the recipe exactly :(

• Two Peas replied: — January 22nd, 2012 @ 11:17 pm

Hi Rosanne-sorry you are having trouble with the brownies. I am not sure why they are collapsing because we have never had an issue.

12. Pingback: Recipes for a casual holiday party | Food // Wine // Grammatically Correct Fun

13. Pingback: 40 Peppermint and Candy Cane Recipes – Great for Christmas! | Angelica's Awesome Adventures

14. Pingback: 20 Recipes using Candy Canes - Bless This Mess