Portobello Mushroom Burgers & A Giveaway
Last weekend we had a tailgating party. Josh was in charge of the grill and made Bacon Wrapped Bratwursts and Portobello Mushroom Burgers. We wanted to make sure we had something to eat for the meat lovers and veggie lovers. Josh enjoyed a Bacon Wrapped Brat while I enjoyed a juicy Portobello Burger. If you haven’t tried a portobello burger, I don’t know what you are waiting for. Portobello Burgers are thick, chewy, and filling. They make a great meatless meal, but even if you aren’t a vegetarian, you can still enjoy these tasty burgers.
Josh lightly brushed the portobello mushrooms with olive oil and seasoned them with salt and pepper. He grilled each side of the mushrooms for a few minutes. When the mushrooms were almost done, he placed a piece of provolone cheese on top of each burger and continued cooking until the cheese was melted.
I placed my cheesy portobello burger in a ciabatta bun and topped it with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and mustard. Of course the pregnant lady had to have a pickle on these side..ha! We also served up Bush’s Vegetarian Baked Beans to go with the portobello burgers. I love that they have a vegetarian option. They went perfectly with my portobello burger.
Portobello burgers are satisfying, delicious, and perfect for game day. Give them a try at your next tailgating party!
And now for a fun Game Day giveaway! Enter to win this fabulous Bush’s Beans prize package that will help you prepare for your next tailgating party! The giveaway includes the following:
- One black Bush’s branded cooler with speakers-Cooler has side zippered pocket with jack to allow for compatibility with MP3 player and front pocket to store accessories
- Two royal blue Bush’s branded folding chairs-Chairs have built in cup holders on each side
- One hamburger press with handles-Prep two perfect burgers with this two-piece press, an easy way to make neat and uniformly sized patties
- One hot dog/brat griller- Six-slot stainless steel cooker produces professional-style results while keeping foods from failing through the grill
- Vouchers for Bush’s Baked Beans to serve up to 20 guests (or 5 cans)
Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Yield: Serves 4-6
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
4 large portobello mushrooms
Salt and pepper
4 slices Provolone cheese
4 sandwich buns
Condiments-Tomato slices, red onion, lettuce, mustard, ketchup
1. Lightly brush each portobello mushroom with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place mushrooms gill side up on grill over medium-high heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes and then flip mushrooms. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
2. Place provolone cheese slices on top of each mushroom. Cook until cheese is melted. Place hot mushrooms on sandwich buns. Top with condiments of your choice-tomato slices, red onion, lettuce, mustard, ketchup, etc. Serve warm.
If you like these Portobello Burgers, you might also like:
This giveaway is sponsored on behalf of Bush’s Beans. All opinions are our own.