Potato Salad Recipe
Potato Salad-this is the BEST potato salad recipe. It is a must make for all of your summer BBQ’s, picnics, and potlucks!
I never thought I would post a traditional Potato Salad recipe on our blog. I have always hated potato salad. I like potatoes and I like salad, but it is all of the other ingredients combined that have scared me. Well, a friend recently asked us to make potato salad for a gathering and Josh said yes. When he told me we had to make potato salad, I looked at him like he was crazy. Potato salad? He said he would make it and I didn’t have to help, but I have a hard time staying out of the kitchen, so I put on my apron and we made potato salad.
I was nervous when we first started, but as we got going, I was kind of liking this whole potato salad challenge. And when we finished, I even took a bite and to my surprise, I actually liked it! Yes, I ate potato salad and liked it! This is huge for me so I am claiming this to be the BEST potato salad recipe. If I like it, you know it has to be good!
Since I have always hid from the big bowls of potato salad at potlucks, I really wasn’t sure where to start. Luckily, Josh loves potato salad and had some ideas up his sleeve for our recipe. We started with russet potatoes and added in all of the fixins!
For the dressing, we used Greek yogurt, light mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and whole grain mustard. We also added in celery, pickles, green onion, and hard boiled eggs. I was skeptical about the hard boiled eggs but Josh insisted on them. He said they are a must for a good potato salad recipe and he was right! I loved the eggs with the potatoes.
To add a little something, something to the potato salad, I added dill and paprika! They were the perfect finishing touches on our salad. And if you are looking for a non-traditional potato salad recipe, try our Southwestern Grilled Sweet Potato Salad. It’s a great salad for summer too!
I don’t know if pregnancy is making me crazy or my tastebuds are just changing, but I really enjoyed this potato salad! In my opinion, it is the BEST potato salad recipe out there!
This Potato Salad Recipe is perfect for all of your summer gatherings! Make a big bowl for your Memorial Day party next week. I am sure it will go fast. I know if I was at your party, I would have a big helping, maybe even two! Enjoy!
This is the BEST potato salad recipe! It is great for parties, potlucks, picnics, and BBQ’s!
Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes, washed and peeled, cut in half
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with cold water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water. Once the potatoes are cool, cut them into chunks, about 1/2-inch pieces. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and mustards. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and gently stir with a rubber spatula until the potatoes are well coated. Add the onions, celery, pickles, eggs, dill and paprika. Gently stir again. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Note-you can double or triple this recipe if you need a BIG bowl of potato salad!
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!