Pretzel M&M Cookies
Have you tried Pretzel M&M’s? We splurged and bought a bag this weekend. They are the latest addition to the M&M family and they are scrumptious. The M&M’s have a colorful candy shell, like all M&M’s, but inside the milk chocolate there is a crunchy pretzel. Genius! I had to hide the bag from Josh. I wasn’t trying to hog them, I just wanted to save them to bake pretzel M&M cookies.
Last week I couldn’t use our oven because our kitchen was under construction. It still is, but Josh cleaned up the mess so I could cook and bake this week. It is probably the last week I will have access to our kitchen until the kitchen remodel is finished. I am going to make the most of this week. Yesterday, I baked a batch of pretzel M&M cookies. If you have tried the new pretzel M&M’s and are in love, like us, just wait until you taste these cookies. They are amazing!
I added the M&M’s to a chocolate chip cookie dough. I also sprinkled the cookie balls with sea salt to bring out the salty flavor in the pretzels. The cookies have a little crunch from the pretzel M&M’s and there is plenty of chocolate to go around. I love the sweet and salty combination.
I am going to stock up on pretzel M&M’s so I can bake never ending batches of these cookies. Go buy a bag today and get baking!
The winner of the feta cheese giveaway is Sarah A. Please email us your contact information and we will get your prize to you. Check out Our Best Bites Summer Salad with Strawberries and Feta. Love this one!
Pretzel M&M Cookies
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups pretzel M&M's
Sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats. Set aside.
2. Whisk flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl medium bowl, set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugars together in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until smooth. About two minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. On low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and pretzel M&M's.
5. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are slightly golden around the edges. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these Pretzel M&M cookies, you might also like:
Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookie Bars from Two Peas and Their Pod
Chocolate Caramel Cookies with Sea Salt from Two Peas and Their Pod
Chocolate Dipped Pretzels from Two Peas and Their Pod