Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins

Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins

We can’t get enough pumpkin this fall. We started with pumpkin Nutella bread, it didn’t last long so we followed it up with pumpkin chocolate chip bread. My craving still wasn’t fulfilled, so I made a batch of pumpkin granola. I was unpacking our kitchen and came across several cans of pumpkin-I stocked up in case there was a shortage again. My pumpkin craving suddenly came back, so I baked pumpkin cinnamon streusel muffins.

My favorite spice is cinnamon-I can’t get enough. Pumpkin and cinnamon go perfectly together, so I added a special cinnamon brown sugar filling to the middle of these pumpkin muffins. I also added a cinnamon streusel on top. See, I told you I like cinnamon:) These pumpkin cinnamon streusel muffins are the perfect fall morning muffin. Enjoy!

Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffin Recipe on twopeasandtheirpod.com

1 1/4 cup oats
1 tablespoon flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into chunks

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two muffin tins with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and combined.

4. Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are combined.

5. For the brown sugar cinnamon filling: in a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside.

6. For the streusel topping: in a small bowl mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix in the butter with your hands until the mixture is crumbly.

7. Fill muffin cups half way full with the pumpkin batter. Sprinkle the brown sugar cinnamon filling over each half filled muffin cup. Fill the muffins cups with the remaining batter. Top each muffin with streusel topping.

8. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove pans from oven and cool on a wire rack. Remove muffins from tins and enjoy.

If you like these pumpkin cinnamon streusel muffins, you might also like:

Pumpkin Cinnamon Muffins from Two Peas and Their Pod
Pumpkin Muffins from Dine and Dish
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins from Our Best Bites
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins from What’s Gaby Cooking?

128 Responses to “Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins”

1. Pingback: Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting | Two Peas & Their Pod

Carrie — October 2, 2012 @ 10:16 pm

This is one of the best muffin recipes I have ever made! I am allergic to dairy so I substituted coconut spread for the butter in the crumb topping. I also used half whole wheat flour and cut the oil in half by using applesauce. AMAZING recipe. Thank you!

Vicki — October 3, 2012 @ 8:23 am

Made these muffins today, and they were delicious.

Yum yumm — October 3, 2012 @ 1:53 pm

These were sooo tasty!! I did omit the filling and used extra flour instead of oats for the struesel topping. The muffin it’s self was easy to make and puffed up beautifully. I wish you could have seen the look on my 3 year olds face and My husbands thanks!

Janet — October 6, 2012 @ 9:39 am

How does this recipe make 24 muffins?? I am using standard muffin tins and followed the directions, only filling each cup half full to begin with. I went along my merry way, filling 24 halves (not really thinking about how little batter was left, I have to admit) before I realized there is no way on earth I would have enough batter to cover the filling! I now get to make another batch of filling. Thank goodness for a stocked pantry because I have the ingredients to do so, but please take a look at your recipe and revise. Perhaps the measurements need to be different?? Sounds good, but has taken way more time than I allotted.

• Two Peas replied: — October 6th, 2012 @ 10:16 am

Thanks for catching that. It actually makes about 14 muffins. Typo! I am so sorry!

Alyson — October 9, 2012 @ 8:46 pm

HOLY COW!!!!! These are phenomenal!!!! Even my picky 9 year old daughter loved them. And super easy to make too!!

Shannon — October 16, 2012 @ 9:21 am

Best pumpkin muffin recipe EVER! I’ve made these twice now in one week due to everyone wanting more! Followed it to a tee, and they turn out beautifully, thank you:)

Sara — October 19, 2012 @ 7:52 pm

Will the topping stay crunchy after freezing?

Felicia — November 2, 2012 @ 9:52 pm

We loved these! Thanks so much for the recipe!

Sara — November 9, 2012 @ 10:27 am

I just made these last night……sooooooo delicious!!!!!! :)

Ariana — November 19, 2012 @ 4:13 am

I just made these tonight and while mine aren’t as pretty as yours, they were delicious. Good recipe!

angie — December 2, 2012 @ 12:08 pm

I just made these and they were absolutely fantastic!!

Melissa Chambers — January 4, 2013 @ 11:57 am

Hi there! I wanted to share my mention of you on my new blog along with my adaptation of this recipe. Thanks for the inspiration! http://midwoodmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/pumpkin-bread-yumminess.html

Lisa — January 29, 2013 @ 9:39 pm

I just made this and was wondering if anyone else had A LOT of brown sugar/cinnamon mixture left over? I felt that using all of the sugar would have made them extremely sweet . . . . Did others use it all? I also had streusel left over too . . . I was concerned that the ratio of actual muffin to the sugar/streusel would have been really off. . .

15. Pingback: Pumpkin Muffins with Pecan Streusel | Spoonful of Flavor

16. Pingback: 30+ Delicious Pumpkin Recipes - Three Loud Kids

Courteney — October 2, 2013 @ 10:35 am

I have a batch of these in the oven right now! The only thing I noticed is that I had a lot of the brown sugar/cinnamon filling left over at the end. I literally didn’t have the room in my muffin tins to add it! I am not sure if my muffin tin is smaller, or if i put too much muffin mix in. Regardless, they looked amazing already in the oven going in, I can’t wait to try them! Thanks for a great, easy recipe. :)

18. Pingback: Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins | Just a Spoonful of Sugar

Jill — October 5, 2013 @ 11:05 pm

I just made these. So amazing. I don’t know how long they will last!

Darlene — October 31, 2013 @ 7:00 am

I love the pictures along with your recipes.. Do you have any muffin recipes without eggs and dairy?

Lizzy Tripp — November 5, 2013 @ 10:25 am

So I made these muffins last year, and people loved them so much I made about 5 batches and froze them for upcoming demands. I am NOT a baker, but making these is easy and people go crazy for them! I almost forgot about them this year until a lady from my church ordered 2 dozen! This is a great recipe, you MUST try it!

22. Pingback: Pumpkin Oat Streusel Muffins | Real Food, Please.

23. Pingback: Journal Sunday, Nov 18 |

24. Pingback: Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins | Lucy the Baker

Danielle — January 20, 2014 @ 12:35 pm

These look amazing! Heading into the kitchen right now to make these delectable muffins. Thanks!!!

26. Pingback: Pumpkin Streusel Muffins | dough desserts

27. Pingback: UPDATE TIME | nunesnote

28. Pingback: Pumpkin Streusel Muffins | S & L Desserts

29. Pingback: Halloween Menu Ideas - Cooking | Add a Pinch

Paula — October 6, 2014 @ 12:13 pm

I made these muffins in a standard muffin tin. I fill 14 muffin cups just as the recipe stated. It became pretty obvious that the muffins were over filled before I baked them. They overflowed the pan when they baked. I saw that it would probably happen and put a large sheet pan in the oven to catch any spills (which did happen). We also came to the conclusion that they were way too sweet. Sorry two peas but this recipe will not be making it into my recipe box. I think this is the first recipe of yours we have not liked.

31. Pingback: Pumpkin extravaganza | EccentricOwl