Pumpkin Granola

Pumpkin Granola

I love making homemade granola. Not only does it taste good, but it makes the house smell amazing. I usually stir up a new recipe every time I make granola. I can’t help myself. There are so many flavors to play around with. This time I went with a fall theme and made a batch of pumpkin granola.

Pumpkin, applesauce, and maple syrup bind the oats together so there is no need for butter or oil. I used pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg to give the granola a prominent pumpkin spice flavor. The pumpkin spice aroma traveled throughout the house and lingered for hours-much better than a pumpkin candle:)

When the granola was finished baking, I stirred in dried cranberries and pepitas. I didn’t add nuts because Josh is allergic, but feel free to add in a handful or two. Almonds or pecans would be a delightful addition. I love the large crunchy clumps in this granola. If you aren’t a clumpy fan, just break them up. This pumpkin granola is good eaten plain, as a yogurt topping, or with a splash of cold milk.

Pumpkin Granola

5 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
¾ tsp. salt
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup applesauce
¼ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup pepitas

1. Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine oats, spices, and salt. Mix well.

3. In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Pour wet ingredients into oat mixture and stir until the oats are evenly coated. They will be moist. Evenly spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.

4. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and stir. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the granola is golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and stir in dried cranberries and pepitas. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

*Note-serve granola with yogurt, milk, or enjoy plain.

Adapted from Baking Bites

If you like this pumpkin granola, you might also like:

Maple Almond Granola from Two Peas and Their Pod
Granola with Coconut, Dried Cranberries, and Almonds from Two Peas and Their Pod
Cherry, Prune, and Almond Granola from Food Blogga
Homemade Granola from Amanda’s Cookin

265 Responses to “Pumpkin Granola”

1. Pingback: pumpkin granola « miki's kitchen

2. Pingback: Pumpkin Granola | 2 Sisters 2 Cities

3. Pingback: Almond and Coconut Granola Recipe | Leite's Culinaria

Kylie — August 17, 2012 @ 4:33 pm

Looks amazing! Is there an necessity for the brown sugar or can I omit it for a slightly less sweet version?

Krys R — September 3, 2012 @ 9:19 pm

This sounds so good. Saving the page and recipe to make this Fall!

6. Pingback: 50 Pumpkin Recipes for Fall – Two Peas & Their Pod | jennyhealthyrecipes.com/blog

Sarah — September 9, 2012 @ 1:49 pm

Made this a few weeks ago, and making it again today because it was so good. We eat it with nonfat Greek yogurt, and my daughter enjoys snacking on it by itself. Thanks for the great recipe.

8. Pingback: Glorious Treats » Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins

9. Pingback: What’s in the Box? [CSA Week 16] + Meal Plan [September 16-22] « Roots and Shoots

Stacy — September 17, 2012 @ 2:25 pm

Do you think I could use honey instead of maple syrup?

11. Pingback: 50+ Healthy Winter Squash Recipes - Power Foods - Jeanette's Healthy Living

Amanda Barkey — September 22, 2012 @ 11:50 pm

I made this granola last night and, although very tasty, I felt like it didnt taste ‘pumpkiny’ enough… any suggestions out there? Its yummy and I I love clumpy granola so I appreciated how it clumped together as well as the lack of fat but I just was expecting a more umphy pumpkin flavor and was disappointed to not get it.

emma — September 25, 2012 @ 2:29 pm

Love that there is no oil in this recipe!! I LOVE Fall and this granola sounds prefect for the season. : )

Keri — September 28, 2012 @ 2:15 pm

I seriously love this granola. Seriously. However, I’d like to eliminate the refined sugar. Has anyone tried making it without the brown sugar? It seems like it would be sweet enough with just the maple syrup. Thanks for the recipe! It’s for sure a keeper!

15. Pingback: 10 Delicious Pumpkin Recipes For Fall

16. Pingback: Maple Pumpkin Granola (Gluten-Free) | Gardening for Chumps

17. Pingback: » Best Granola Recipe. Vintage Mixer

18. Pingback: Pumpkin Pecan Granola « be filled up

19. Pingback: Skinny Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Cranberry Granola | Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes | Simple Nourished Living

Julia — October 16, 2012 @ 11:36 am

I made this, and it’s awesome. I had it in a bowl of almond milk 1 morning, and on top of blueberry yogurt the next. Both ways it’s delicious!
    Even my picky pants toddler said, “mmmmm, like it. Bite. MORE!”

21. Pingback: Pumpkin Powerhouse : Current Beat

22. Pingback: Spiced Pumpkin Granola | Sweet Spatulas

Parchia — October 21, 2012 @ 2:30 pm

Making my 3rd batch today – My cousin who doesn’t like granola finished the last batch.

• Two Peas replied: — October 21st, 2012 @ 5:36 pm

Yay! Glad the granola is a hit!

Parchia — October 21, 2012 @ 2:32 pm

Keri- I didn’t have maple syrup when I made the first two batches and just increased the applesauce to equal the measurement of the maple syrup…it was sweet enough for me.

25. Pingback: Pumpkin Granola « oh so decadent

26. Pingback: Maple Pumpkin Pie Granola | My Family Blog

Meaghan — November 5, 2012 @ 8:51 pm

Yummy! Mine is in the oven now. I made some changes by leaving our the sugar and adding some honey. I also added bran, flax and coconut to my dry ingredients. I can’t wait to try it!!!

28. Pingback: Leaving on a Jetplane « Blonde Ambition

29. Pingback: Pumpkin and Cranberry Granola

30. Pingback: Granola de calabaza | Blog de cocina de México – Pizca de Sabor

klav — December 3, 2012 @ 8:52 pm

Thank you for this recipe! I love it and make it regularly.

32. Pingback: The Holt Clan » Blog Archive » snow day!

33. Pingback: Pumpkin Spice Granola- and Giveaway Winner Announced!

34. Pingback: Two Peas and Their Pod: Pumpkin Recipes Galore! : Thermador Home Appliance Blog

35. Pingback: Honey Almond Raisin Granola, Homemade Granola, Granola recipe

36. Pingback: My First Day… - Mason's Journey

37. Pingback: Canning 101: How to Make Apple Butter and How to Use It - Food in Jars | Food in Jars

38. Pingback: Plumpkin Oatmeal & Pumpkin Granola