Recipe for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
I decided to make Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies with red M&M’s, white chocolate chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chunks. I had a bag of Christmas M&M’s…so I sat there and picked out all of the green ones! We had to show our Utah pride, sorry green guys! I am sure I will find another use for you:)
The cookies were a hit! They were nice and chewy, with a soft center. I really liked the mix of chocolates too! The chunks of chocolate melted nicely, the white chocolate added a sweet flavor, and the red M&M’s were just FUN!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Baking Illustrated
2 cups plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 Tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted cooled until warm
1 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chunks
½ cup of M & M’s
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line cookie sheets with Silpats or parchment paper. I used my Silpats!
2. Whisk dry ingredients together; set aside.
3. With electric mixer, beat butter & sugars until thoroughly combined.
4. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until just combined.
5. Add dry ingredients; beat at low speed until combined. Stir in chips.
6. Scoop round little balls and place them on a baking sheet.
7. Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft. I baked them for about 12 minutes.
8. Cool cookies on sheets until able to lift without breaking and place on wire rack to cool.