Recipe for Chocolate Tunnel Cake
When we were at the Dewey’s for the Super Bowl party Gram made a Chocolate Tunnel Cake. The cake was rich and chocolaty, but it gets even better, there was a surprise “tunnel” of cream cheese and mini chocolate chips in the middle. You bake the cake in a bundt pan, so the cake was pretty and delicious. When you slice it you can see the tunnel of cream cheese. It was a cool looking cake! Everyone loved it!
Thanks for sharing the recipe Gram!! We always enjoy your treats.
3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 c. water
2/3 c. oil
2 T white vinegar
1 T vanilla
For the filling:
11 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. sugar
1 c. mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. For the cake: Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, soda, salt in a large bowl.
3. Add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
4. Pour half of the batter in a greased 10″ bundt pan.
5. Mix together filling ingredients.
6. Spread filling over the batter and top with remaining batter.
7. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
8. Cool and serve!