Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn

Reese's Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe on twopeasandtheirpod.com

We spent most of our Sunday watching football and the Golden Globes. I wanted a sweet treat, but was not in the mood to bake. Surprise, huh? :) I was going to make our Twix Caramel Popcorn, but didn’t have any Twix candy bars, so I made a batch of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn instead. So happy I found my stash of Reese’s:) This popcorn is divine-think caramel corn, but with a peanut butter honey coating instead of the caramel. Oh, and it gets better, I also added a drizzle of chocolate and mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups to the mix.  I was in sweet treat heaven with this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn!

Reese's Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe on twopeasandtheirpod.com Great for snacking or gift giving!

I love how easy this popcorn is to make. You don’t have to bake it in the oven, you just combine peanut butter, honey, sugar, and vanilla on the stove and cook it for a few minutes. You pour the hot peanut butter mixture over your popcorn and gently stir until all of the popcorn is coated. I spread the popcorn out on a baking sheet and drizzled it with chocolate. I let the popcorn sit for a whole five minutes, I couldn’t wait any longer for the chocolate to harden, then I added the mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.

I filled a bowl with popcorn and munched away while I watched the end of the Golden Globes. Yes, I was indulging while watching all of those skinny actresses. I think some of them needed a bowl of my popcorn:) The popcorn is sweet, gooey, with a slightly salty kick. And just when you think the popcorn can’t get any better, you will get a handful with a Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-chocolate peanut butter bliss!

This popcorn is perfect for movie night, game day, or any day really. I know I could eat a big bowl every day:) I am going to make a big batch of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn for our Super Bowl party. I know it will be a hit!

Reese's Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe on twopeasandtheirpod.com #recipe

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn

Yield: About 8 cups

Cook Time: 5 minutes

Peanut butter popcorn with a drizzle of chocolate and Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. This sweet popcorn snack is perfect for movie night or game day.

8 cups plain popcorn (we use air-popped popcorn)
Fine salt
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 cups Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

1. Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl and salt to taste. Set aside.

2. Mix the honey and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and add the peanut butter. Stir vigorously until all the peanut butter is melted, then mix in the vanilla extract.

3. Immediately pour the peanut butter caramel over the popcorn and gently stir with a long-handled wooden spoon until it's all coated. Spread popcorn on a large baking sheet. Drizzle popcorn with melted chocolate and let sit until chocolate hardens. Stir in the Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Notes:
We used air-popped popcorn, but you can use microwave popcorn or stovetop popcorn. If you can't find Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, you can chop up regular Peanut Butter Cups.

Adapted from The Kitchn

If you like this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn, you might also like:

139 Responses to “Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn”

Marly — February 5, 2012 @ 8:33 am

This would be perfect on a Friday night family date night!

suzanne — February 5, 2012 @ 4:10 pm

Does it make a difference to use JIF instead of Natural peanut butter?

• Two Peas replied: — February 5th, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

You can use JIF! Enjoy!

3. Pingback: Superbowl Party « Stott Sphere

4. Pingback: Reese’s Peanut Butter Popcorn | Slinging Eggs and Bacon

5. Pingback: Chocolate and Peanut Butter Popcorn — A Mom's Impression | Parenting, Recipes, Product Reviews

Cecily — February 8, 2012 @ 11:21 am

Ijust made this and it was so good. The bowl was gone in a few hours. I didn’t eat it all by myself, though I could have if I tried. Thanks for the great site and recipes.

7. Pingback: Reese’s Peanut Butter Popcorn « Recipes Remembered

8. Pingback: Yummy Weekend! «

Ruth — February 14, 2012 @ 2:50 pm

Couldn’t resist making this since I first eyed it pre-Superbowl, but made a batch for my two teenagers for Valentine’s day. Packed it up in a Valentines Cookie box with bow and it looks like I just spent alot of money at our local sweep shop. Of course had to taste it during the mix to make sure it was right! Oh, my, off the New Year’s Resoultion diet for the day. Coudn’t get, my chocolate chip liquid enough to pour, so I added a 1/2 TSP of organic Coconut spread for cooking/baking. Anyone know how to get it melted to be able to pour?

Sherri C — February 15, 2012 @ 3:09 pm

Just wanted to Thank You for this recipe! I made this for my Husband for Valentines Day and he Loved it! I realy loved how the peanut butter carmel came out, and the combination of the Reese Cups (his fav) and Popcorn is to die for. This is an absolute keeper :)

11. Pingback: Reese’s Peanut Butter Popcorn- Sweet Winter Treat

12. Pingback: Party Popcorn with White Chocolate | Jen's Favorite Cookies

Des — February 25, 2012 @ 3:25 pm

One word: Amazing.

AshleyClaire — February 27, 2012 @ 8:29 am

I made this popcorn last night for my Oscars party, and it delicious – a huge hit! I actually mistakenly mixed the PB, honey and sugar all together in the pot instead of cooking the honey and sugar separately, and the popcorn still came out great. I threw it in the freezer to harden up quickly.

Thanks for a great recipe!

15. Pingback: The King’s Can’t Help Fallin’ in Love Popcorn « Living The Sweet Life

16. Pingback: “Ready to Pop” Baby Shower | One Lucky Mom

Kristin Sumbot — March 16, 2012 @ 9:51 pm

SOOO sneaking this into the movie theater.

18. Pingback: Salted Caramel Popcorn Recipe | Easter Popcorn Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

19. Pingback: The Goals and some Easter Fun » Mint Photography

JEssica — April 20, 2012 @ 10:00 am

Great Recipe I usually order Flavored Popcorn online, but will def give this recipe a try, looks so tasty!!! :)

Lauryn — April 24, 2012 @ 4:25 am

Looks amazing!
    Can u tell me why you baked the twix one but not this one?
    Thanks so much!

ooty — May 2, 2012 @ 9:55 am

mmmmmmmmmmm i want thissssssss

23. Pingback: Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn with Mini Reese’s Cups « emandam

24. Pingback: Reese’s Minis are perfect! « my sweet addiction

Carol — July 7, 2012 @ 1:54 pm

I helped a friend make this last night for a baby shower – it’s amazing! Had to pin the recipe for myself!

26. Pingback: From Pinterest to Real Life – II | Girl on the Move

27. Pingback: Cool runnings. - Ashley's A-Musings

28. Pingback: Fridays with Rachael Ray - Red Hot Popcorn |

29. Pingback: Reeses Peanut Butter Popcorn | livelovepasta

30. Pingback: Foodie Friday: Recipes for Leftover Halloween Candy ala Pinterest | The Anti-June Cleaver

Bear and Tiger's Mommy — November 25, 2012 @ 7:37 am

We are making this to give to family in our holiday treat baskets this year. Yum! Thanks for sharing!

32. Pingback: football food: perfect “pigs in a blanket” | spill the beans

33. Pingback: Sweet Gift Ideas Part 2 from Pinterest « Princess In The Kitchen

Erin — February 4, 2013 @ 6:50 pm

LOVED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing! Can’t wait to make your other popcorn recipes!☺

35. Pingback: Friday Finds 03.01.13 | Paper Peonies

36. Pingback: Garlic Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn | Parmesan Popcorn Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

37. Pingback: 100 Ways to Eat a Reese's - Something Swanky

38. Pingback: Epic Recipe Roundup: 200+ Summer Sweet Treats

39. Pingback: This and That | Week 60 | Two Peas & Their Pod

Amy — September 26, 2013 @ 11:24 pm

I want to know the twix version !