Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar

Mmmm, brussels sprouts. Yes, I sad Mmmm! I love brussels sprouts. I don’t know why this vegetable is hated by so many. They are probably one of my top ten favorite vegetables (I love all vegetables, so they really are high on the list.) Roasted brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar are my absolute favorite way to eat the little sprouts.

Roasted brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar are the perfect holiday side dish. They are so easy to make. All you have to do is toss the sprouts in a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper. The oven will do the rest of the work. The thin outer leaves will crisp up and caramelize while roasting. The center of the sprouts stay tender and juicy. I like popping the sprouts into my mouth straight from the baking sheet. Sometimes they don’t even make it to the table.

If you haven’t tried roasted brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar, please give these cute little sprouts a chance. They make the perfect vegetable side dish for Thanksgiving.

Do you like my photo background? You are looking at our new Caesarstone Quartz countertops! We are loving them! The kitchen is 95% done, I promise the big reveal is coming soon. Stay tuned!

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar

Yield: Serves 4

Cook Time: 30-35 minutes

1 pound brussel sprouts, rinsed
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

2. Cut off the ends of the brussels sprouts. If the brussel sprouts are large, cut in half. If they are small, it is ok to leave them whole.

3. Place sprouts in a medium bowl. Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.

4. Pour sprouts on a baking sheet and roast 30-35 minutes or until sprouts are tender. Make sure you stir them a couple of times while they are roasting. Serve warm.

If you like these roasted brussels sprouts, you might also like:

Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Yams, and Brussels Sprouts from Two Peas and Their Pod
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sriracha and Mint from White on Rice Couple
Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Walnuts from Pinch My Salt
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pecans from Kalyn’s Kitchen

74 Responses to “Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar”

Ben — November 14, 2010 @ 10:13 am

I don’t hate them, I just don’t like them maybe because I’ve never had them this way. I need to give them a second, or third, chance, LOL.

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker — November 14, 2010 @ 1:01 pm

I honestly am not a brussel sprout fan but these *sound* good ;-) I am going to try to give them another shot here at Thanksgiving!

Baking Serendipity — November 14, 2010 @ 8:36 pm

I can’t believe I’m admitting this, but I don’t think I’ve ever tried brussels sprouts! I always hear the bad things and have gotten it in my mind that I don’t like them. I just showed my husband your post (he feels the same) and told him we were trying this recipe at Thanksgiving! Thanks for helping me step outside the box :)

Kerstin — November 14, 2010 @ 8:44 pm

I still can’t get into Brussels sprouts because they’re just too bitter for me, but my hubby loves them and would love this recipe!

Caitlin — November 14, 2010 @ 10:57 pm

Yum! I’ve been thinking about brussel sprouts a lot lately… I guess I should just make some already! Sounds great with the balsamic. Beautiful photos!

Emily — November 14, 2010 @ 11:56 pm

LOVE the counters and I lOVE the sprouts! You have such beautiful pictures!

Kelley Epstein — November 15, 2010 @ 7:51 am

I don’t know why brussels sprouts get such a bad wrap. These look delicious!

Kelley Epstein — November 15, 2010 @ 7:55 am

I don’t know why brussels sprouts get such a bad wrap- this looks delicious!

ingrid — November 15, 2010 @ 9:52 am

My mom and I were just talking about trying brussels sprouts yesterday. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I’m gonna give it a try!
    ~ingrid

Eliana — November 15, 2010 @ 10:50 am

They look amazing Maria. This is the only way to get me to eat brussel sprouts. So delicious with the balsamic vinigar.

Deborah — November 15, 2010 @ 2:52 pm

I love Brussels sprouts and I love balsamic vinegar – but I’ve never had them together! This is one I definitely need to try.

Beverly — November 17, 2010 @ 7:17 am

This is going onto our Thanksgiving table! Lovely and scrumptious! Also, I’m with you– this is one of my all-time favorite vegetables.

13. Pingback: Giving Thanks | Rational Ovens

Jeanette — November 19, 2010 @ 8:58 pm

Roasted brussel sprouts are my favorite way of preparing this super healthy vegetable.

Jen @ How To: Simplify — December 10, 2010 @ 10:29 pm

What a delicious way to enjoy a vegetable that many people are afraid to eat. I love the flavors!

16. Pingback: Giving Thanks — Buns In My Oven

17. Pingback: Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar Recipe | Noob Cook Recipes

18. Pingback: Nov 13 – 18: Beef and Tomato Stroganoff « NewlyWife Supper Club

19. Pingback: Ready or Not

Andreea — June 20, 2012 @ 5:45 am

Can I do this with the frozen ones?

21. Pingback: The Biggest Gathering of Dairy-Free Thanksgiving RecipesGo Dairy Free

22. Pingback: Brussels Sprouts are a Beautiful Vegetable : The Informed Meat Eater

23. Pingback: Mama Week-Crafting Mondays: | A Nourishing Home

Jennifer — November 8, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

Finally a way that I like them! I’ve tried various methods TRYING to like them, but now I do – thank you!

25. Pingback: 50 Thanksgiving Side Dishes | Aggie's Kitchen

Amy — November 19, 2012 @ 10:34 pm

I made these tonight and they were absolutely delicious!!! Any idea on the nutritional information on them?

Sarah — February 26, 2013 @ 11:40 am

Just tried these! Have never eaten brussel sprouts in my life, but made them and served them to my husband and parents. They were great and everyone liked them! Thank you!

28. Pingback: 50 Thanksgiving Side Dishes {5 Ingredients or Less} - The Coupon Challenge

29. Pingback: Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts Pasta | Brown Butter Pasta | Two Peas & Their Pod

30. Pingback: Cranberry Orange Brussels Sprouts | Roasted Brussels Sprouts | Two Peas & Their Pod

31. Pingback: Vegetarian Thanksgiving | Living Wholly On A Budget