Roasted Strawberries with Greek Yogurt

Roasted Strawberries with Greek Yogurt

Two of my staples during pregnancy have been berries and Greek yogurt. When nothing else sounds good, I turn to them. They have been my lifesaver. To jazz things up a little bit, I made Roasted Strawberries with Greek Yogurt this week. Roasting the strawberries turned my normal snack into a snack fit for a queen.

I cut the strawberries in half tossed them with agave nectar and a little turbinado sugar. I placed them on a baking sheet and roasted them in the oven for about 30 minutes. While the strawberries were roasting I went back to bed to rest. I love how little work is involved for this delicious recipe:) I took the strawberries out when they were soft and the juices were bubbling. I let them cool to room temperature before adding them to my yogurt.

I spooned plain Greek yogurt into a fancy little dish and added the roasted strawberries on top. The strawberries were sweet, juicy, and the perfect topping for my yogurt. If you are looking for an easy way to spice up your Greek yogurt, try roasted strawberries. You can also use roasted strawberries as a topping for  ice cream, pudding, cheesecake, crepes or even mix them in a salad. Get creative and enjoy roasted strawberries. They are delightful.

Roasted Strawberries with Greek Yogurt

Yield: Serves 1

Cook Time: 30 minutes

1 cup strawberries, washed, hulled, and cut in half
2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
1/2 teaspoon turbinado sugar
1 (6 oz. serving) Greek yogurt (I used Chobani plain 0% yogurt)

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.

2. In a small bowl, toss strawberries, agave nectar, and turbinado sugar together. Make sure the strawberries are coated evenly.

3. Place strawberries on prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until strawberries are soft and juicy.

4. Let the strawberries cool to room temperature. Spoon strawberries over Greek yogurt.

If you like Roasted Strawberries with Greek Yogurt, you might also like:

Roasted Plums with Greek Yogurt, Honey, and Almonds from Two Peas and Their Pod
Roasted Strawberries from Shutterbean
Balsamic Roasted Strawberries from Zoe Bakes
Roasted Strawberry and Creamy Ricotta Danishes from Baking Obsession

76 Responses to “Roasted Strawberries with Greek Yogurt”

marla — April 15, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

Good eats are all about simplicity for me. Love the idea of roasted strawberry parfaits :)

Sues — April 15, 2011 @ 10:41 pm

How perfect! There’s nothing quite like roasted strawberries… Unless it’s roasted strawberries on Greek yogurt :) And so pretty, too!

Lesley Lifting Life — April 15, 2011 @ 10:45 pm

I love the sound of roasted strawberries!!

I’m not pregnant but I love Greek yogurt and fruit! I’ve got some juicy strawberries this will be just perfect for.

Jan — April 16, 2011 @ 7:43 am

Total yum in a bowl!

BeckyRos — April 16, 2011 @ 10:57 am

What a fun idea! I’m trying it. Maybe with a little balsamic over a salad…mmm

Andrea @ Vegvacious — April 16, 2011 @ 8:40 pm

Wow – that looks delicious! I’ve never tried roasting strawberries before. I think they would be fabulous in a salad as well!!

Holly — April 16, 2011 @ 9:38 pm

This looks wonderful… but I have to admit, I am really chuckling about this again after our discussion about how much Josh *loves* making that greek yogurt for you! He is quite a keeper Maria! It was SO good seeing you both today!

Aggie — April 17, 2011 @ 5:58 am

Oh what a great pregnancy snack! I have seen roasted strawberries only once before on a crostini with brie..this is something I can eat everyday! I bet it would be good on ice cream too :) Hope you are feeling well xo

Kim in MD — April 17, 2011 @ 8:45 am

I have never had roasted strawberries! What a great idea…I can’t wait to try it! :-)

Pam — April 17, 2011 @ 9:28 am

I’ve never tried roasting strawberries… what a fantastic idea!

brilynn — April 17, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

I’m a big fan of roasted strawberries but I especially like mine with balsamic as well!

Jamie — April 17, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

I love strawberries but have never roasted them. I love Chobani greek yogurt also. What a great combo.

Cares — April 17, 2011 @ 8:26 pm

This sounds delicious! I can’t wait to try roasted strawberries – yum!

Kristen — April 18, 2011 @ 11:11 am

I love the idea of roasting strawberries. When are we going to get to see pics of that cute belly?

Georgia Pellegrini — April 18, 2011 @ 1:44 pm

This is a fabulous idea -roasted strawberries would be great with rosemary added to the mix. I am always looking for sides for my pork dishes. Rosemary roasted strawberries would be perfect.

Bridgett — April 18, 2011 @ 3:06 pm

Oh goodness, this sounds like an incredible way to eat strawberries. I need to try this.

Becky O. — April 18, 2011 @ 6:16 pm

I totally made this on Saturday to have on top my oatmeal! So incredibly delicious. Thanks so much. I’ve never thought of roasting strawberries before.

• twopeas replied: — April 19th, 2011 @ 7:20 am

Glad you enjoyed the roasted strawberries! I will have to try them on my oatmeal next time.

*Just Fran* — April 18, 2011 @ 11:02 pm

I love roasted strawberries and usually toss with a little Grand Marnier. Can’t wait to try your version. Thanks for sharing.

AndreaA. — April 20, 2011 @ 6:58 am

What temperature did you set the oven to?

• twopeas replied: — April 20th, 2011 @ 7:09 am

400 degrees, it is in step 1:)

• AndreaA. replied: — April 27th, 2011 @ 10:50 am

Whoops! Thanks! ;-O

Elle — April 20, 2011 @ 9:58 am

Oh! I must try them this way!

megan — April 25, 2011 @ 9:53 pm

I gotta give this a try. Everything seems like it’s better when roasted! Hope your feeling terrific!!!

Shawnda — April 28, 2011 @ 1:27 pm

I love the idea of roasting the strawberries. There are few things you can do to make strawberries better but this sounds like one of them!

I love love love roasted strawberries. They’re an amazing treat! The first time that I had them, they were a bit alcoholic -)
    Hope you’re doing much better! <3

Lynne — May 1, 2011 @ 11:23 am

Maria,
    what a wonderful addition to desserts or just with the yogurt! I am addicted to Greek yogurt as well, but quite past the pregnancy stage.
    I’m glad I found your site.
    Best wishes with the pregnancy and the baby!

• twopeas replied: — May 2nd, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

Thank you Lynne!

John Moore — August 24, 2011 @ 10:40 am

So, Maria & Josh, I know this is a post of a recipe, not a review of yogurt makers, but that’s what I need and I trust your opinion.

I am thinking about buying a yogurt maker that has one large container rather than several individual-portion containers. Do you have any advice? Is there a reason why most people buy the latter rather than the former?

Thanks!

• Two Peas replied: — August 24th, 2011 @ 11:04 am

We like our yogurt maker with the individual jars because I eat a serving a day. I like that the yogurt is already portioned out. We have the Euro Cuisine yogurt maker and love it: http://bit.ly/fQd2di. If you don’t care about individual servings, I am sure a quart yogurt maker would work well too!

27. Pingback: Forty Cakes – Weekly Re-cap

28. Pingback: Citrus Roasted Strawberry Parfaits Recipe: Easy, Sugar Free Diet Snack — Family Fresh Cooking

29. Pingback: Honey Roasted Rhubarb | Roasted Rhubarb Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

30. Pingback: Weekly Re-cap | Green Century Babe!