Stuffed French Toast with Brie and Berries Recipe
My family loves to travel. We’ve been on some fun family vacations together. A few of my favorites places were: Myrtle Beach, Ponte Vedra, Washington D.C., California, my grandpa’s farm in Idaho, and of course, Europe. I loved spending time with my family, visiting tourist attractions, trying new foods, learning about new cultures, relaxing, and enjoying different scenery.
One of my favorite things about traveling are the resorts. I know, I am a nerd:) I love checking in and exploring a new place. As a kid, I would hurry to our room to claim my bed, check out the view, and read the hotel guide book. My siblings and I would also run to find the ice machine, pool, and anything else the resort had to offer. We always had a good time, no matter where we were staying.
I used to tell my dad that I wanted to work at a resort when I grew up. I thought any job at a resort would be fun, from front desk to housekeeping. I changed my mind as I got older, but I still have the dream of owning a bed and breakfast. Maybe someday:)
If I ever open a B&B this stuffed French toast with brie is definitely going to be on the menu. I think people would travel all over the world to have one bite of this breakfast treat. The rich, sweet, French toast is stuffed with raspberry jam and creamy brie cheese. Brie is the perfect compliment to the sweet raspberry French toast. I love how the brie melts and oozes out the sides of the French toast “sandwich.” The grand finale includes a spoon full of fresh berries over the top, a drizzle of pure maple syrup, and a dusting of powdered sugar. This is one decadent breakfast!
If my dream ever becomes a reality, I hope you will come and visit my B&B. I will make sure Stuffed French Toast with Brie and Berries is on the menu. In the mean time, here is the recipe so you can make it at home.
And don’t forget that Mother’s Day is on Sunday-make this French toast to celebrate. I think any mother would be happy waking up to this meal.
Stuffed French Toast with Brie and Berries
Yield: Serves 4
8 slices of bread-brioche, white, or French
5 large eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 Tablespoons raspberry jam
Brie cheese, sliced and rind removed, 4 slices per French toast "sandwich"
1. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together. Pour mixture into a shallow bowl or pie plate.
2. Dip slices of bread into the egg mixture. Make sure you coat each side of the bread, allowing the egg mixture to soak in.
3. Heat a large skillet, using medium high heat. Spray well with cooking spray. Add the coated bread slices to the pan. Cook both sides until lightly golden brown. Cook all 8 pieces of French toast. Set French toast on a plate to cool for one minute.
4. Spread one piece of French toast with 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam. Top with brie slices. Use enough brie to cover the slice of French toast. Place a another slice of French toast on top. Place the French toast "sandwich" back in the pan and heat until cheese is melted. Flip once so both sides are heated. Cook the remaining slices of French toast the same way.
5. Serve hot with berries, syrup, and powdered sugar.
If you like this stuffed French toast, you might also like:
French Toast with Cinnamon Syrup from Two Peas and Their Pod
Crunchy French Toast from Two Peas and Their Pod
Banana Stuffed French Toast with Streusel Topping from Epicurious
Nutella Stuffed French Toast from Closet Cooking
Cranberry Apple French Toast from Andrea’s Recipes