Twix Caramel Brownies

Last week we hosted a barbeque for our good family friends. I couldn’t decide what dessert to make, so I made three:) I wanted to make sure there was something for everyone to enjoy, plus, you all know I love an excuse to bake:) I decided to make brownies, because brownies are always a hit at parties. I didn’t want to make plain chocolate brownies so I jazzed them up with Twix candy bars and caramel. I think that was the best decision I have made in a long time! These Twix Caramel Brownies take brownies to a whole new level of deliciousness.

Josh and I both love Twix candy bars. Crispy crunchy cookie, smooth creamy chocolate, and chewy caramel-what’s not to love? We don’t buy or eat candy bars very often, but I had to splurge for these brownies. I chopped up the candy bars into chunks. It was hard not to eat them right then and there, but I knew the brownies would be worth the wait:)

I stirred the Twix candy bar chunks into the rich, chocolaty brownie batter. Again, I wanted to just eat the brownie batter and Twix chunks with a big spoon, but I refrained. It sure was hard though!

I poured the batter into the pan and drizzled caramel ice cream topping evenly over the brownies. Next, I took a toothpick and swirled the caramel into the brownie batter. The brownies baked for about 40 minutes and that was the longest 40 minutes of my life. I love the smell of brownies baking and my chocolate craving was through the roof at this point. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one of these decadent brownies.

After I impatiently let the brownies cool, I cut them into squares and placed them on a platter for the barbeque. I was going to wait until the guests arrived to try one, but temptation got the best of me. I grabbed a brownie from the platter and enjoyed every single bite. The brownies are divine. The Twix candy bar chunks add a pleasant crunch to the fudgy brownies and the caramel creates tunnels of sweet, ooey, gooey, goodness. The brownies are very rich so I was satisfied with just one…for awhile. I had to have another one at the party. I didn’t want our guests to think the brownies were unsafe to eat. I had to set a good example:)

If you are looking for a simple and fun way to jazz up the traditional brownie, try this Twix Caramel Brownie recipe.

Twix Caramel Brownies

Yield: 24 brownies

Cook Time: 35-40 minutes

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped Twix candy bars
1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Set aside.

2. Place butter in medium saucepan on the stove. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; stir until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; stir until combined. Stir in Twix candy bar chunks. Pour batter into prepared pan.

3. Drizzle caramel evenly over the brownies. Using a toothpick, swirl caramel into brownies. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool brownies completely in pan on a wire rack. Once cool, cut into squares and serve.

If you like these Twix Caramel Brownies, you might also like:

Yum Pin It

148 Responses to “Twix Caramel Brownies”

1. Two Peas — January 30, 2012 @ 10:17 pm

Thanks so much!

2. Amber Carlson — February 1, 2012 @ 10:54 pm

I made these tonight. THEY. ARE. AMAZING!! I have followed you for the past few years and have yet to be disappointed by anything I’ve made of yours. I tell others about your site all the time. thanks for being so good at what you do.
    Amber – in Tennessee.

3. Candice — February 5, 2012 @ 8:00 pm

Ok first… Holy snot that looks perfect!
    Second, I love that you were worried about your guests’ well being so much as to sacrifice yourself in leading by example. 😉
    Third, I think that being able to wait until they were cool and cut is WAY more self control than I would have had.
    Keep up the chocolate amazingness!

4. B Fryman — February 7, 2012 @ 10:04 am

Saw these on pinterest, made them for the Super Bowl and blogged it with links to this post and your home page!

5. Pingback: The Best Brownies | Everyday Desserts

6. J — February 19, 2012 @ 10:35 pm

I made these for the second time tonight, and since I didn’t have Twix bars, I used Reeses PB cups. These were a hit too! :) Thanks!

7. megan — April 3, 2012 @ 4:59 pm

omg… i just stumbled upon these… while i’m on a no sugar challenge for 2 weeks.. and training for my first 5k. but let me tell you as SOON as that is done I WILL be eating these!

8. Pingback: Caramel Twix Brownies | C'est la vie

9. Shalynn — September 10, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

I did this with Reece’s instead of Twix…. a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

10. poo — November 21, 2012 @ 12:58 am

Could you put any more sugar in these? Insta-diabetes…gag me first

11. Pingback: Twixbrownies met karamel | Yummy in my Tummy!

12. Pingback: Salted Caramel Brownies and a Forgotten Birthday! | On Top Of Spaghetti

13. Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers — March 8, 2013 @ 6:03 pm

Um. Yum.

14. Acai Energize Reviews — July 25, 2013 @ 8:05 pm

I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i am happy to exhibit that I have an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I most indubitably will make sure to do not forget this web site and provides it a glance regularly.

15. Pingback: Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe | Salted Caramel | Caramel Sauce | Two Peas & Their Pod

16. Pingback: Snapped: Twixbrownies -The perfect gift! | Food by Linda

17. Gena — October 12, 2013 @ 10:48 pm

I just made these, but they were super dense and not very sweet, like a traditional brownie. A little disappointed. :(

18. Pingback: Twix Caramel Brownies | What2Cook

19. Pingback: New Ideas | Twix Caramel Brownies

20. Kirby F — November 2, 2013 @ 12:00 am

So, how many chopped Twix bars in a cup and a half?

21. Dberries — November 17, 2013 @ 10:20 am

Omg these brownies were out of this world… Made them for family gathering lastnight and they were a hit. Two were left and I had to hide them for my cousin to have who hosted the party and lied to his brother and told him they were all gone!! Lol this way he could have a midnight snack! Thanks for posting! This is a keeper!

22. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Brownies

23. Pingback: Twix Caramel Brownies | a little piece of living

24. Pingback: Trial Number One: Twix Brownies | Trial By Pinterest

25. Pingback: Twix Caramel Brownies | OptimaFood

26. Pingback: 11 Dessert Recipes You Can Make With Leftover Halloween Candy

27. Pingback: Twix Caramel Popcorn Recipe | Caramel Popcorn Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

28. Philis — June 14, 2015 @ 6:22 pm

These look yummmy!! Thanks!! Can you make these using the peanut butter bars too? If so, how? Thanks!!