Twix Caramel Popcorn

Every Fall we make caramel popcorn, it is a tradition in our house. Over the weekend we were hanging out at home with the baby and watching football. I thought it was the perfect day to bust out a batch of caramel corn, so I asked Josh if he could watch the baby while I went to work. Of course, he said yes:)  I decided to surprise him by jazzing up our traditional caramel corn recipe. This time I made Twix Caramel Popcorn. (We love Twix candy bars, remember our Twix Caramel Brownies? Oh yeah!) I knew Josh would enjoy this sweet and crunchy snack.

Twix Caramel Popcorn Recipe on twopeasandtheirpod.com A great sweet snack for parties, movie night, game day, or any day!

I got out our trusty air popper to pop the popcorn. I love watching the kernels pop enthusiastically into the bowl, yes, I am a nerd:) Next, I made the caramel to drizzle over the popcorn. I baked the caramel popcorn for about an hour, stirring it every 15 minutes. When the popcorn was done baking, I let it cool completely before adding the goodies.

I chopped up Twix candy bars into bite size pieces and mixed them into the caramel popcorn. I also melted chocolate chips and drizzled chocolate over the top of the candy caramel corn. Josh came upstairs and his eyes about popped out of his head. He was delighted to see my Twix Caramel Popcorn creation. I told him the chocolate needed to cool before we ate the popcorn-yeah, that didn’t go over well. He immediately started munching…so I did too:)

If you are looking for a fun way to jazz up your caramel corn, try our Twix Caramel Popcorn. It is a great sweet snack for movie night, game day, and Halloween. I am going to make a big batch during the holidays to give away as gifts. Who wouldn’t want a bag of this decadent popcorn? And the best part-it is super easy to make, but looks oh so gourmet:)

Twix Caramel Popcorn

Yield: Makes a lot!

Cook Time: 1 hour

5 quarts plain air popped popcorn
1 cup butter
2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
20 "fun size" Twix candy bars, chopped
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted-to drizzle over popcorn

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.

2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla extract. Pour caramel in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat. Gently stir until all of the popcorn is covered.

3. Place popcorn on two large shallow baking sheets and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for about an hour. Remove popcorn from oven and let cool completely.

4. Break popcorn into pieces and mix in chopped Twix candy bars. Drizzle popcorn with melted chocolate. Let the popcorn sit until chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.

If you like this Twix Caramel Popcorn, you might also like:

Yum Pin It

147 Responses to “Twix Caramel Popcorn”

1. Discounts — November 3, 2011 @ 6:48 pm

Great game day snack is right! Go Peas!

2. Food Lover — November 3, 2011 @ 8:01 pm

WOW sounds really yummy :)

3. Pingback: Popcorn on the Stove » Pennies on a Platter

4. Pingback: Happy Thanksgiving! | nikkicee

5. Pingback: Reese's Peanut Butter Popcorn | Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

6. Pingback: cooking | Pearltrees

7. Pingback: Milky Way Popcorn » Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

8. Pingback: Milky Way Popcorn Recipe | | takingtimeformommy.comtakingtimeformommy.com

9. Pingback: The King’s Can’t Help Fallin’ in Love Popcorn « Living The Sweet Life

10. Pingback: 25 Super Bowl Appetizer/Treat Ideas | My Blog

11. Pingback: 25 Super Bowl Appetizer/Treat Ideas

12. Pingback: Top 10 site-uri care o să-ţi lase gura apă « Mon Objet D'Amour

13. Sam Ana — August 24, 2012 @ 8:50 am

Wow best idea ever! Love the combination of popcorn and chocolate… this is ALMOST over the top!

Sam Ana

14. Pingback: Happily Halloween with a Side of Hangover–25 Ideas for Using Up That Candy! | Burnt Apple

15. Pingback: Milky Way Caramel Popcorn Pops Itself Right Into a Pinterest PROP! | iPinnedIt.com

16. Pingback: Election Day Munchies! | chef in training

17. Pingback: This and That | Two Peas & Their Pod

18. Shiloh Barkley — January 1, 2013 @ 11:21 am

Holy shit this looks good.

19. Pingback: 7 recettes originales pour préparer des pop-corns « Je fouine, tu fouines, il fouine… nous fouinons

20. Pingback: Game Time Grub :: Win in the Kitchen « Brittany Blum

21. Pingback: Cinnamon Kettle Corn - Something Swanky

22. Pingback: Cinnamon Kettle Corn | Skyline Empire

23. Pingback: Garlic Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn | Parmesan Popcorn Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

24. Pingback: Salted Caramel Popcorn Recipe | Easter Popcorn Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

25. Pingback: Coconut Dark Chocolate Popcorn | My Way Home

26. Pingback: Nutella Popcorn

27. Pingback: Milky Way Popcorn | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

28. Pingback: Twix Caramel Popcorn | Popcorn Thursday

29. Pingback: Twix Caramel Popcorn Recipe | Six Sisters' Stuff

30. Pingback: Double Chocolate Caramel Popcorn Infused with Peanut M&Ms | iPinnedIt.com – I Pinned It

31. Pingback: Popcorn on the Stove

32. Pingback: 10 INNOVATIVE POPCORN RECIPES | Best Friends For Frosting

33. Pingback: 100+ Tailgating Recipes Round Up

34. Shiloh Barkley — August 26, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

I just made this.
    Now I have diabetes.
    oh dear!

35. Pingback: Easy Kettle Corn Recipe | Kettle Corn | Two Peas & Their Pod

36. janpat — October 19, 2013 @ 12:23 am

The caramel popcorn recipe for this popcorn is waaayyy different than your 2008 caramel popcorn recipe.
    Which do you suggest for “plain” ole caramel popcorn?

37. janpat — October 19, 2013 @ 12:27 am

- sorry…re-read and they’re not that different afterall…can’t wait to try it with and without the candy bars

38. Pingback: BAKING WITH HALLOWEEN CANDY | Best Friends For Frosting

39. Pingback: The BEST 20 Desserts To Make With Your Leftover Halloween Candy | The Preppy Post Grad

40. Pingback: The 20 BEST Desserts To Make With Your Leftover Halloween Candy | Three Jane NY