Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Brown spotted bananas were sitting on our counter, staring me down. I tried to ignore them, but they kept haunting me. It seems like I can never eat bananas fast enough. They always turn brown and beg me to put them to good use. I usually bake banana bread, banana cookies, banana cake, or use them in a smoothie. This time I decided to turn them into ice cream since it is so hot outside. I used the popular “One Ingredient Banana Ice Cream” recipe, but added peanut butter, creating a Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream.

I was a little skeptical about this recipe. How could two ingredients create a smooth and creamy ice cream?  There is no cream, milk, eggs, or even sugar involved. I was willing to give it a try though. I had to use up my brown bananas!

I sliced up four ripe bananas and put them on a large plate. I put them in the freezer and let them chill until they were frozen-about two hours.

I put the frozen banana slices in my Blendtec blender. If you don’t have a super powerful blender, use a food processor. The blender or food processor needs to be powerful to puree the frozen banana slices. It will take some work from the machine:)

I pulverized the banana slices for a few minutes, scraping down the sides a few times. Then I blended them again. The bananas will take some time to reach an ice cream texture, so be patient. When the bananas were smooth and creamy, I added in the peanut butter and blended the mixture one more time. I was amazed at the rich and silky texture. I grabbed a spoon and tasted the banana peanut butter ice cream and I was amazed. It was the best peanut butter banana ice cream I have ever tasted. I can’t believe I created this heavenly ice cream with only two ingredients. Plus, you don’t even need an ice cream maker to make this recipe. This recipe really is magical!

If you are looking for a new way to use up your ripe bananas, try this Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream. The recipe is super simple to make and no one will ever know there are only two ingredients involved. I love that this Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream is healthy too! I am going to be dishing up this ice cream all summer long!

Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Yield: Serves 4

4 large very ripe bananas
2 tablespoons peanut butter

1. Peel bananas and slice into 1/2 inch discs. Arrange banana slices in a single layer on a large plate or baking sheet. Freeze for 1-2 hours.

2. Place the banana slices in a food processor or powerful blender. Puree banana slices, scraping down the bowl as needed. Puree until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Add the peanut butter and puree to combine. Serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream consistency. If you prefer harder ice cream, place in the freezer for a few hours and then serve.

*Note-if you have a hard time creating a creamy consistency, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to help puree the banana slices. Make sure you use a powerful food processor or blender!

Recipe from The Kitchn

If you like this Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream, you might also like:

Roasted Banana Ice Cream from Brown Eyed Baker
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream from Bake at 350
Nutella Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream from The Hungry Housewife
Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream from Two Peas and Their Pod

259 Responses to “Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream”

1. Pingback: Foodstuff Friday: Ta Da! | Commitness To Fitness

2. Pingback: Be Baby: Banana Ice Cream. Guilt Free! And managing my growing bump and bust by Mary | Firestone Sisters

3. Pingback: 1 Ingredient Ice Cream | TidyMom

Michelle — June 15, 2013 @ 1:20 am

I think when I make it I’ll add Nutella :D along with the peanut butter and stuff.

5. Pingback: Two Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream | My Daughter and I

6. Pingback: Recipe: 3-Ingredient Ice Cream | Anchored in CLE

Mlle Parker — June 28, 2013 @ 5:24 pm

Wow great idea….and Low fat too!!

8. Pingback: Elimination Diet, Day 37 | Healthy People, Healthy Planet

Vebo — July 3, 2013 @ 12:39 am

I’ve got to say that i already try this recipe so i didn’t had peanut butter so instead of that i use nutella and i just love it!! thank you so much! i made it for my guy and he just love it :D thanks for this wonderful recipe!!

William Diaz — July 6, 2013 @ 2:33 pm

Do you have any idea how much sugar and fat is in this? Ripe bananas and peanut butter have an astronomical amount of sugar, and the fat content alone from the peanut butter is enough to rethink adding that anyway. For people allergic to bananas, like me, the more healthy option is a non-fat yogurt. Less sugar, less calories, and less fat…even a peanut butter kind.

11. Pingback: Guilty Free Banana Ice Cream - A Midnight Visitor

12. Pingback: Accidentally Vegan Soft Serve VeeQueue

LLG2905 — July 14, 2013 @ 5:30 am

Amazing

14. Pingback: Cooking Just Got Easier | ktimesm

15. Pingback: 34 Insanely Simple Two-Ingredient Recipes | FUNKY PICKENS

16. Pingback: New Favorite Recipes | Healthy People, Healthy Planet

17. Pingback: Simplify Your Cooking: Two-ingredient Recipes | Find a Simpler Life

vonlogan — July 28, 2013 @ 10:43 pm

thats awesome, I always make smoothies with my ripe bananas and always mix it with ice, ice cream, table spoon of peanut butter, sometimes mix in watermelon inseason, and some strawberries or blue berries, I throw in a couple of multi vitamin tablets, pour in lowfat milk or just juice or water. I then let her rip with the grinder. Its awesome. One of these a day or every other is what I drink along with regular eating schedule. I have lost a lot of weight from 225 to 175 lbs. Some of the weight is muscle fat also. I stopped eating hamburgers and other types of red meat. I do have a rib or steak once and a while. I eat a lot of cereals and nuts, and love vegetables and fruit. I have almost stopped eating salt.
    Take Care

Erica — July 29, 2013 @ 10:50 pm

Oh. My, Gosh. I just added powdered pb and a splash of almond milk and it is SO GOOD, with very little fat and only natural sugars! As an ice cream addict, I think this might have changed my life. My blood cholesterol levels thank you. :)

Abby — July 30, 2013 @ 1:08 am

Hi – just wanted to let you know your picture is being used by a blogger who is passing it off as her own (as she does with many pictures, unfortunately.)

21. Pingback: 40 Tempting Ice Cream Recipes | Whole and Heavenly Oven

Nicole — August 4, 2013 @ 5:28 am

This is dog friendly too! I used sugar and salt free peanut butter and some organic bananas so me and my dog had a nice treat :) I ate most if it though… haha

23. Pingback: Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream | Joe's Lymphoma Adventures

Tabitha — August 11, 2013 @ 11:53 am

Found on Pinterest and made last night. I only made one serving and used mixed pb2 for my peanut butter. I really enjoyed the flavor; had a few chunks though. I definitely think I will need to put it in the freezer to harden up a bit more after blending next time. Would also consider this mixture as just a nice shake. Will make again for sure!

Carol Covin — August 12, 2013 @ 5:55 pm

This is fabulous! I’m always looking for healthy treats for the grandchildren. And, I always have ripe bananas around! Thank you so much!

26. Pingback: Awesome Ice Cream Friday! « The Soul of Health

Sabrina — August 25, 2013 @ 7:39 am

at my house we like to add nutella instead of pb :) yumm

28. Pingback: 2 Ingredients? Too easy!

Lydia — September 4, 2013 @ 4:41 pm

I just made some of this, and I have to say. It’s AMAZING. Not only is it easy (after freezing, it takes less than ten minutes to prepare), but it’s actually tasty and sweet and super creamy. I will definitely be making it more often, as I consider it a guilt free dessert. P.S. I halved the recipe and it made two to three servings.

bakeca Maratea — September 5, 2013 @ 4:44 am

this looks delicious

31. Pingback: Es Krim Pisang Tiramisu #30hariberbagiresep |

32. Pingback: Two-Ingredient Recipe - Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream

33. Pingback: Guilt Free Ice Cream | Coach Brian

34. Pingback: Simple Ingredient Yummies! | Just the basics

35. Pingback: AweMazing Mom

36. Pingback: Kid Friendly Snack Options Featuring Peanut Butter | AweMazing Mom

37. Pingback: Healthy meals for your on-the-go lifestyle | GenTwenty

38. Pingback: Food For Thought | Hooked On A Healthy Balance

39. Pingback: Your Guide to Going Dairy Free: Plant-Based Milks, Cheeses, and More

Clifton — October 26, 2013 @ 12:55 am

I will certainly try this tomorrow morning after I prepare my Nutriblast.