Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Brown spotted bananas were sitting on our counter, staring me down. I tried to ignore them, but they kept haunting me. It seems like I can never eat bananas fast enough. They always turn brown and beg me to put them to good use. I usually bake banana bread, banana cookies, banana cake, or use them in a smoothie. This time I decided to turn them into ice cream since it is so hot outside. I used the popular “One Ingredient Banana Ice Cream” recipe, but added peanut butter, creating a Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream.

Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe on twopeasandtheirpod.com Love this easy and healthy treat!

I was a little skeptical about this recipe. How could two ingredients create a smooth and creamy ice cream?  There is no cream, milk, eggs, or even sugar involved. I was willing to give it a try though. I had to use up my brown bananas!

I sliced up four ripe bananas and put them on a large plate. I put them in the freezer and let them chill until they were frozen-about two hours.

I put the frozen banana slices in my Blendtec blender. If you don’t have a super powerful blender, use a food processor. The blender or food processor needs to be powerful to puree the frozen banana slices. It will take some work from the machine:)

I pulverized the banana slices for a few minutes, scraping down the sides a few times. Then I blended them again. The bananas will take some time to reach an ice cream texture, so be patient. When the bananas were smooth and creamy, I added in the peanut butter and blended the mixture one more time. I was amazed at the rich and silky texture. I grabbed a spoon and tasted the banana peanut butter ice cream and I was amazed. It was the best peanut butter banana ice cream I have ever tasted. I can’t believe I created this heavenly ice cream with only two ingredients. Plus, you don’t even need an ice cream maker to make this recipe. This recipe really is magical!

If you are looking for a new way to use up your ripe bananas, try this Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream. The recipe is super simple to make and no one will ever know there are only two ingredients involved. I love that this Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream is healthy too! I am going to be dishing up this ice cream all summer long!

Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Yield: Serves 4

4 large very ripe bananas
2 tablespoons peanut butter

1. Peel bananas and slice into 1/2 inch discs. Arrange banana slices in a single layer on a large plate or baking sheet. Freeze for 1-2 hours.

2. Place the banana slices in a food processor or powerful blender. Puree banana slices, scraping down the bowl as needed. Puree until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Add the peanut butter and puree to combine. Serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream consistency. If you prefer harder ice cream, place in the freezer for a few hours and then serve.

*Note-if you have a hard time creating a creamy consistency, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to help puree the banana slices. Make sure you use a powerful food processor or blender!

Recipe from The Kitchn

If you like this Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream, you might also like:

Roasted Banana Ice Cream from Brown Eyed Baker
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream from Bake at 350
Nutella Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream from The Hungry Housewife
Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream from Two Peas and Their Pod

Yum Pin It

368 Responses to “Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream”

1 3 4 5 6 7 10
  1. Jill Zamojcin — March 23, 2013 @ 5:35 pm

Just made this and it’s very good! I added chia seeds to mine to give it more texture and nutrients :-)

2. Stephanie — March 24, 2013 @ 8:08 pm

Wondering if you make more than what u can eat in one sitting if this stays ok in the freezer or if it gets funky? You have NOOOO idea the absurd amount of frozen bananas in my freezer. I get cussed out every time my hubs opens the door and they fly out!

3. Two Peas — March 24, 2013 @ 8:12 pm

I have put some in the freezer, just let it come to room temperature for the soft serve texture.

4. Pingback: I scream, You scream, Two-Ingredient Ice Cream! | A Hungry Runner

5. Patricia — March 30, 2013 @ 11:49 pm

I tried this today.. delicious.. I don’t need to add anything else

6. kewkew — April 2, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

Sounds yummy! Now I need a good blender

7. tigerlily — April 11, 2013 @ 1:22 pm

I am dying to make this I’m lactose intolerant so eating ice cream has always been tricky for me. My boyfriend just quit eating dairy and was sad when he realized that he was giving up a lot of his favorite sweets too. He’s going to be so excited, thanks!
    I was wondering though…Can I make this in bulk and store it? I’d love to make some the night before entertaining.

8. Two Peas — April 11, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

Yes, you can store it in the freezer. I like to let it sit on the counter for a few minutes before scooping so it has a creamier texture.

9. Kayla — April 14, 2013 @ 11:34 pm

This is awesome for those who can’t have gluten or milk!

10. Pingback: Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut-butter Ice Cream | Dreamy Blog

11. Brandon — April 21, 2013 @ 12:26 pm

Thank you for this simple recipe. I most certainly will be using this one. I’m a whole-food vegan and this is a perfect dessert for me. I’m trying to incorporate more recipes into my blog, especially those that can be made using a blender. Thanks for the recipe and I look forward to learning more.

12. Pingback: synd på den sunde(eller knap så usunde) måde

13. Pingback: Weekend Recap | A New Perspective | Racing Bananas

14. sarah kuhn — May 3, 2013 @ 3:38 pm

Thank you for this! Bananas and peanut butter are now my favorite food.

15. Pingback: 34 Delicious Two Ingredient Recipes - Topekas News

16. Pingback: Quick Healthy Ice Cream | Back to the Basics

17. Pingback: Guilt Free Ice Cream Food Pix | Recipe by Picture

18. Pingback: Ice cream | Vickie Lim

19. Looks super good and healthy! I featured this in my blogpost here: http://infinitelittlepleasures.blogspot.com/2013/05/i-scream-you-scream-we-all-scream-for.html :)

20. Pingback: 50 "Skinny" Dessert Recipes | Six Sisters' Stuff

21. Pingback: Foodstuff Friday: Ta Da! | Commitness To Fitness

22. Pingback: Be Baby: Banana Ice Cream. Guilt Free! And managing my growing bump and bust by Mary | Firestone Sisters

23. Pingback: 1 Ingredient Ice Cream | TidyMom

24. Michelle — June 15, 2013 @ 1:20 am

I think when I make it I’ll add Nutella 😀 along with the peanut butter and stuff.

25. Pingback: Two Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream | My Daughter and I

26. Pingback: Recipe: 3-Ingredient Ice Cream | Anchored in CLE

27. Mlle Parker — June 28, 2013 @ 5:24 pm

Wow great idea….and Low fat too!!

28. Pingback: Elimination Diet, Day 37 | Healthy People, Healthy Planet

29. Vebo — July 3, 2013 @ 12:39 am

I’ve got to say that i already try this recipe so i didn’t had peanut butter so instead of that i use nutella and i just love it!! thank you so much! i made it for my guy and he just love it 😀 thanks for this wonderful recipe!!

30. William Diaz — July 6, 2013 @ 2:33 pm

Do you have any idea how much sugar and fat is in this? Ripe bananas and peanut butter have an astronomical amount of sugar, and the fat content alone from the peanut butter is enough to rethink adding that anyway. For people allergic to bananas, like me, the more healthy option is a non-fat yogurt. Less sugar, less calories, and less fat…even a peanut butter kind.

31. Pingback: Guilty Free Banana Ice Cream - A Midnight Visitor

32. Pingback: Accidentally Vegan Soft Serve VeeQueue

33. LLG2905 — July 14, 2013 @ 5:30 am

Amazing

34. Pingback: Cooking Just Got Easier | ktimesm

35. Pingback: 34 Insanely Simple Two-Ingredient Recipes | FUNKY PICKENS

36. Pingback: New Favorite Recipes | Healthy People, Healthy Planet

37. Pingback: Simplify Your Cooking: Two-ingredient Recipes | Find a Simpler Life

38. vonlogan — July 28, 2013 @ 10:43 pm

thats awesome, I always make smoothies with my ripe bananas and always mix it with ice, ice cream, table spoon of peanut butter, sometimes mix in watermelon inseason, and some strawberries or blue berries, I throw in a couple of multi vitamin tablets, pour in lowfat milk or just juice or water. I then let her rip with the grinder. Its awesome. One of these a day or every other is what I drink along with regular eating schedule. I have lost a lot of weight from 225 to 175 lbs. Some of the weight is muscle fat also. I stopped eating hamburgers and other types of red meat. I do have a rib or steak once and a while. I eat a lot of cereals and nuts, and love vegetables and fruit. I have almost stopped eating salt.
    Take Care

39. Erica — July 29, 2013 @ 10:50 pm

Oh. My, Gosh. I just added powdered pb and a splash of almond milk and it is SO GOOD, with very little fat and only natural sugars! As an ice cream addict, I think this might have changed my life. My blood cholesterol levels thank you. :)

40. Abby — July 30, 2013 @ 1:08 am

Hi – just wanted to let you know your picture is being used by a blogger who is passing it off as her own (as she does with many pictures, unfortunately.)

1 3 4 5 6 7 10