Whole Wheat Roasted Banana Bread

And so the brown bananas strike again. They don’t strike as often since we’ve had Caleb. That kid loves bananas. Somedays I wonder if he is half monkey. He would eat bananas at every meal if we let him…and he climbs on everything! Hmm…maybe he really is part monkey. We better watch to see if he starts growing lots of hair:)

Anyways, we finally had a bunch of bananas turn brown so I jumped at the chance to make banana bread. I usually make Buttermilk Banana Bread, but I wanted to make a new recipe. Big surprise, huh? I am always itching to make new recipes:) I had an open bag of Gold Medal Whole Wheat Flour (we made pancakes the day before) so I put the flour to good use and made Whole Wheat Roasted Banana Bread.

First, I roasted the bananas in the oven. Don’t be scared by the ugly brown and blistered bananas. They bring out the best flavor in the bananas. And roasting them is easy. Just place the unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet, pop them into a 350 degree F oven and let them roast for about 15-20 minutes. That’s it!

The rest of the recipe is easy too! I bet you have everything in your kitchen to make this bread right now. Unless, you have a little monkey eating all of your bananas:)

This recipe will make 2 (8×4 loaves) or 4 mini loaves. I made mini loaves this time around so we could share with our friends. Plus, they are super cute and everything cute tastes better:)

We love this Whole Wheat Roasted Banana Bread. I will have to hide the bananas from Caleb so I can make it again! For the recipe, check out my guest post at Cafe Zupas. Have a great weekend!

57 Responses to “Whole Wheat Roasted Banana Bread”

Meagan — February 1, 2013 @ 6:32 pm

My bread didn’t rise either, and it made more like 1 loaf rather than 2. It was still delcious though!!

Sherilyn — February 2, 2013 @ 11:31 pm

I just made this yesterday and took it to work for some coworkers and they all said it was the best Banana Bread they ever had!! I did add some mini chocolate chips and toasted chopped pecans. The roasting of the bananas absolutely brings out the flavor and made all the difference. This is now my go to recipe for Banana Bread!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

• Two Peas replied: — February 3rd, 2013 @ 10:47 am

I am so glad your coworkers enjoyed the banana bread!

3. Pingback: Biscoff Banana Bread Recipe | Biscoff Cookie Banana Bread | Two Peas & Their Pod

Josh — March 13, 2013 @ 3:40 pm

Thank you for this recipe. Everyone loves it. I made a few changes that I hope you guys try some time!

Substitute 3/4 cup honey for the sugar and reduce the canola oil to somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 a cup.

Add sliced strawberries and crushed pecans.

5. Pingback: April monthly menu plan I Heart Nap Time | I Heart Nap Time - How to Crafts, Tutorials, DIY, Homemaker

6. Pingback: Whole Wheat Roasted Banana Bread

7. Pingback: Date Banana Bread - Cooking with Books

Rebecca — April 26, 2013 @ 9:46 am

I made this last night and loved it! Tweaked a tiny bit. Used one of those 4 oz. cups of applesauce in place of the oil, and cut the sugar back to 1/2 c (split white/brown sugar) and added a little fresh ground nutmeg since I am obsessed with fresh ground. It seemed a little skimpy for two large loaf pans so I put it all into one large. Had to cook for a hour–rose beautifully. Brought it to the office today–rave reveiws. This is a keeper–thank you!

zquiet — June 21, 2013 @ 12:39 pm

What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this web site on a regular basis, this web
    page is really pleasant and the users are
    actually sharing pleasant thoughts.

Lynne — July 12, 2013 @ 10:15 am

Can I add peanut butter to this?

karen — September 18, 2013 @ 9:14 am

I am on my computer & see no recipe!

whole wheat banana bread — February 20, 2014 @ 1:10 am

How nice Whole Wheat Roasted Banana Bread !! I don’t recommend for this food because it’s very popular and favorite in the world.

CarrieCait — April 1, 2014 @ 2:47 pm

When I roasted the bananas, they released quite a bit of liquid. Do I include the liquid in the batter?