Happy Friday! What is on your weekend agenda? We are going to see Iron Man 2 tonight. Josh loves super hero movies and has been anxiously awaiting for this movie to come out. We loved the first one and hope the second is just as good. “I AM IRON MAN”-that song always gets stuck in my head:)
Now onto the bread. I’ve always enjoyed baking banana bread. It makes me feel domestic. I think it is the combination of using up brown bananas so nothing goes to waste and the inviting aroma the bread produces as it bakes. Banana bread is also the perfect gift to share with family, friends, and neighbors.
If you are a cinnamon fan, you will love this banana bread. It is similar to my banana cinnamon chip cake, but in bread form. I added cinnamon chips to the bread and sprinkled the bread with a cinnamon sugar topping. Eat a warm slice of bread with a dab of butter and indulge in banana cinnamon goodness.
I hope all the Mother’s out there have a fantastic Mother’s Day on Sunday. Here are a few brunch ideas:
Mom’s- don’t do the cooking or the dishes. This is your day to be spoiled:)
Banana Cinnamon Chip Bread with Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 over-ripe bananas smashed up
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- For the cinnamon sugar topping:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray. Dust it lightly with flour and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Add in the flour mixture and carefully stir. Don't over mix. Add in the cinnamon chips and gently stir.
- In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Add the batter to the loaf pan and smooth out with a spatula. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar topping generously over the batter.
- Bake bread for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack.
- Let bread cool for 1o minutes and then remove from pan. Cool, slice, and enjoy.
If you like this banana bread, you might also like:
Banana Cinnamon Chip Cake from Two Peas and Their Pod
Dorie’s Classic Banana Bundt Cake from Two Peas and Their Pod
Butterscotch Banana Bread from Vanilla Sugar
Brown Butter Roasted Banana Bread from Guilty Kitchen
Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins from Bake at 350