Caprese Avocado Toast-avocado toast with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and balsamic glaze! This simple avocado toast is great as a snack or meal!
Avocado toast is the trendy thing to eat right now. I don’t want it to be trendy though because it is my favorite! I eat avocado toast almost every day. I don’t want it to go out of style because I need it in my life. So, I am calling avocado toast a classic. It is the new black and it is here to stay!
And classic doesn’t mean boring. I just made Caprese Avocado Toast and I am telling you it is FAR from boring. It is THE avocado toast of the summer!
Caprese Avocado Toast combines two of my all-time favorite things, caprese salad and avocado toast. Simple, yet genius! I don’t know why I haven’t been eating this ALL of my life. The flavor combination is perfection!
Summertime is the perfect time for this toast too! Tomatoes are soooooo good right now and our basil plant is exploding! Plus, it is beyond easy to make. No cooking is involved, unless you consider toasting the bread cooking, but I don’t. My trusty little toaster does all of the work, not me! And this toast is good anytime of the day, for breakfast, lunch, snack time, dinner time, ALL of the time!
Change up your everyday avocado toast and make Caprese Avocado Toast. You can thank me later:) It is a CLASSIC!
If you like this Caprese Avocado Toast, you might also like:
Caprese Avocado Toast
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 slices bread toasted
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced and cut into pieces, to fit the bread
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup basil leaves roughly chopped
- Balsamic Glaze for drizzling
- Cut the avocados in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper, to taste. With a fork, mash the ingredients together, keeping the texture slightly chunky.
- Spread the mashed avocado evenly onto toasted bread slices. Top with fresh mozzarella slices, tomatoes, and basil. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
- Note-I like to use whole grain bread. If you need the recipe to be gluten-free, use gluten-free bread. If you don't have grape tomatoes, tomato slices will work too!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow us on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen! And find us on snapchat: twopeasandpod!