Do you ever have those days where you are super busy, but feel like you get nothing done? That has been happening to me a lot lately. The days go by so quickly because I am so busy, but by the end of the day, I still don’t feel like I’ve accomplished anything.
Last week, I was running around like crazy trying to cross things off of my “to do” list, but Caleb didn’t want mama to work. He only wanted to play, so I put my “to do” list aside and we went to the park. When we got home, Caleb took a nap and I decided I was going to make homemade Coconut Granola and forget about everything else. I know granola is super easy to make, but for some reason, I always feel a sense of satisfaction after making a batch. I needed a little satisfaction, so I put on my apron and made a batch of Coconut Granola.
This granola has a triple dose of coconut-coconut oil, coconut extract, and shredded coconut. If you haven’t tried coconut oil, you need to. I am obsessed. I bought a jar from Trader Joe’s when we were in California and I am hooked. It is SO good in this granola.
The granola is sweetened with pure maple syrup. Splurge on the good stuff for this recipe. I promise it is worth it. I added in chopped almonds and pepitas for a little crunch.
I love eating Coconut Granola with Chobani Greek yogurt and fresh berries. It is the perfect summer treat. It is also good by the handful. I keep the granola in a large jar on our counter and it doesn’t last long. I can’t walk by without grabbing a handful of granola. It is too good!
This Coconut Granola also makes a great gift. Make a big batch and share with your family, friends, and neighbors. Fill Weck or Mason Jars with granola, add a ribbon, note and you are set! Such a cute, easy, and tasty gift!
At the end of the day I was content. I didn’t tackle my “to do” list, but I made a killer batch of Coconut Granola and that was good enough. Sometimes all you need is a little homemade granola. I hope you enjoy this Coconut Granola as much as I do.
This easy homemade Coconut Granola is great with yogurt or by the handful!
Yield: About 5 cups granola
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (or gluten-free oats)
- 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Slipat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, pepitas, cinnamon, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut extract. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are well-coated.
- Pour the granola mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread granola into an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes or until granola is golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Let granola cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 month.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like this Coconut Granola, you might also like: