He decided to make French Bread Pizza. This has to be the easiest meal ever! We bought a loaf of french bread from our local market. I recommend buying a big fat loaf instead of a little french baguette. The baguettes are a little too crusty and chewy for pizza!
We cut the loaf in half lengthwise and then into four portions. We tore some of the bread out of the middle so the pizza wouldn’t be too bready! Then we toasted them under the broiler for a couple of minutes. While the bread was still warm, we took a fresh garlic clove and rubbed the bread down. I love this trick. It really add
s a lot of garlic flavor.
Luckily, we had leftover homemade pizza sauce in the freezer, so we used that for the first layer. Josh piled on the pepperoni for his pizza, but I stuck with lots of fresh veggies. We topped the bread with some mozzarella cheese too!! We baked them in the oven for about 15 minutes!
I actually liked this meal. It was quick and easy…and I liked the nice crunch of the bread. It was fun trying a different type of pizza!
And now for the big giveaway!! This is our first blog giveaway…yahoo!! Cait, from Crabbybags, has donated on
e of her trendy bags to give to our readers! I adore her bags!! They are so fun! They are perfect to take to the grocery store. You can shop in style and save the environment!
Cait only uses high quality home decor weight fabric and reinforces them with thick interfacing, so these bags are very durable. They make wonderful reusable grocery bags, but of course they can be used for just about anything!!
I am sure you will want one of each! Thanks for a fabulous giveaway!!
To enter the giveaway, please answer the following question, ”
Where is your favorite vacation spot?” Please comment on this post, the deadline is Sunday at 12:00 a.m. (MST). We will announce the winner on Monday!! Thanks!!
1 loaf of French bread
1 clove of garlic
Pizza sauce, of your choice
1. Slice the loaf of French bread in half, lengthwise. Then cut it into four pieces. Tear out some of the bread so the pizza isn’t too bready:)
2. Place the bread on a cookie sheet and put it under the broiler for about 4-5 minutes.
3. Take the garlic clove and rub it all over the bread. This will add a nice garlic flavor.
4. Spread your sauce on all four pieces of bread.
5. Next, add your toppings. Josh used pepperoni, I used veggies.
6. Cover with cheese and Italian seasoning if you wish.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes, just until the cheese melts.