Goat Cheese Lemon Pasta with Kale
Goat Cheese Lemon Pasta with Kale-this fresh and flavorful pasta dish takes less than 30 minutes to make! Add it to your menu today!
Everyone at our house has come down with spring fever. This is the only fever that I don’t want to take medicine for. I am fine having spring fever all season long. We have been spending our days going on walks, shooting hoops, eating lunch on our patio, and playing at the park.
We usually go the park after Caleb’s afternoon nap and stay until dinner time. The other day I lost track of time and we ended up staying at the park well into dinner time. Caleb was having too much fun swinging, sliding, and running around the baseball field. When we got home I quickly looked in the fridge and in our pantry and decided to make one of favorite quick and easy pasta dishes, Goat Cheese Lemon Pasta with Kale. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and is super tasty.
Josh washed Caleb up while I got down to business. I used DeLallo’s Organic Whole Wheat Farfelle because I knew Caleb would gobble up this pasta. He loves eating butterfly pasta:) And to be honest, so do I! Farfelle is such a fun shape!
While the pasta was cooking, I heated olive oil in a pan and sautéed shallot and garlic until tender. I added in a pinch of red pepper flakes, fresh lemon juice, and lemon zest. I love the pop the lemon gives this pasta dish.
I drained the pasta and put it back in the pot. I crumbled the goat cheese over the pasta and stirred until it was nice and creamy. I added the kale and lemon mixture and seasoned with salt and black pepper.
By the time Josh and Caleb were done splashing around at the sink and setting the table, I had dinner ready! I love that is pasta is so easy to make, but tastes amazing!
I guess we all worked up an appetite at the park because dinner was pretty quiet. We were all busy enjoying our Goat Cheese Lemon Pasta with Kale. Caleb did make us laugh a few times by flying his butterflies high in the sky:)
Short on time but still want a fresh and flavorful meal? Make Goat Cheese Lemon Pasta with Kale. It is the perfect pasta dish for spring!
Goat Cheese Lemon Pasta with Kale
This fresh and flavorful pasta dish takes less than 30 minutes to make!
Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 12 ounces pasta (we used DeLallo’s Organic Whole Wheat Farfalle)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 small bunch kale (about 5 cups), coarsely chopped, stems removed
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt the water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic. Cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add a dash of crushed red pepper flakes. Stir in the chopped kale. Stir and add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Cook until kale leaves are wilted and tender.
- Carefully drain the pasta. Return to pot. Crumble the goat cheese over the hot pasta and stir until creamy. Add the kale/lemon mixture. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with DeLallo, but all our opinions are our own.