Happy New Year! We hope you all had a wonderful holiday and are looking forward to a fabulous 2016!
You may have noticed that Two Peas and Their Pod got a makeover! Our site was in need of some freshening up so we teamed up with Lindsay from Purr Design to make some changes. Lindsay is the genius behind our site. She took our ideas and made everything happen!
Today, we want to do a little run through of our new and improved site so you guys will feel right at home. I know change can be hard, but I promise the new site is a good thing:)
Logo: First, we updated our logo/header.
Navigation Bar: At the top of our blog, you will find the following sections:
- Home (homepage)
- About-under this section you can find out more about our blog and us! You can also find out how to contact us, work with us, and our press page.
- Recipes-under this section you will find our recipe index. You can find all of our recipes here! You can now search by category, occasion, season, and diet. I still have some organizing to do, but we hope this format makes it easier for you to find our recipes! When you click on the category, occasion, season, or diet, you will see images of the recipes.
- Meal Plans-every Saturday we share a weekly meal plan. You can find all of our meal plans under this section. You can use the current meal plan or go back to old ones! This section is a great resource for planning your weekly meals!
- This and That-every Thursday we share a “His and Hers” This and That post where Josh and I talk about life. We share our favorite finds online, favorite products, stories about the boys, pictures, and lots of randomness! We hope you enjoy these posts! They are fun!
- Travel-you can find our travel adventures under this section!
- Our Home-we are currently building a house and will be sharing the progress under this section. When the house is complete, we will also be doing a full house tour!
- Shop-we created a shop with a collection of all of our favorite things! We get lots of emails from readers about what pans, baking sheets, appliances, dishes, etc. we use and now you can buy our favorites right from our shop! We will be adding new products to the shop on a regular basis, so check-in often. Happy shopping!
Slideshow: We added a slideshow at the top of our blog to feature seasonal and favorite recipes. To find the recipe, click on the image. We hope this feature will help you find new recipes to try!
Recent Posts: Under the slideshow you will find our Recent Posts. All of our new blog posts will be here!
Explore: Another place for you to access our Recipes, Meal Plans, This and That, Travel, Our Home, and Shop!
Search-In the sidebar, you will find the search bar. You can use this search bar to search for recipes or any posts on our site. Be as specific as possible so you can find what you are looking for!
Meet Maria and Josh-you can click more to get to our About page to find out more about us!
Social Media Buttons-follow us on social media! Click on the little icons and follow!
Newsletter-sign up for our FREE newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe! We also share a special monthly newsletter with fun stuff that isn’t on the blog!
Most Popular Posts-Find out what the most popular posts on our blog are!
Weekly Meal Plans-another place to find our weekly meal plans! We want to help you get dinner on the table!
Instagram-check out our latest Instagram photos and follow us!
Footer: At the bottom of our site you can sign up for our newsletter and find all of our contact information. You can also click on Cookie Cravings to purchase our cookie e-book!
Posts: On the recipe posts, you will still find a print option in every recipe box. You can print a printer friendly version of every recipe! You will also find related posts underneath every recipe if you want to explore similar posts on our site.
Comments: Please leave comments on our posts! We love hearing from you!
Social Media Buttons on the Left Side: You will notice a few social media icons on the left hand side of our site. These buttons will make it easier for you to pin, tweet, yum, stumble, and share our posts on Facebook!
Site Speed: Our new site is faster and we are working on speeding it up even more!
So, what do you think? Take a look around and let us know! We hope you like our new look! Thanks for reading our blog. We really appreciate each and every one of you! Happy 2016!