No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Nest Cookies-these easy no-bake cookies are perfect for spring and Easter! They look just like bird nests!
Every year, I make coconut macaroon nests for Easter. I make Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests and Coconut Lemon Macaroon Nests. I can never pick a favorite, so I just make them both. Well, this year I am making a new nest cookie because Caleb informed me that he doesn’t like coconut anymore, even though he just devoured a stack of Toasted Coconut Pancakes. Kids:)
I am kind of glad Caleb is hating on coconut right now because it forced me to make No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Nest Cookies. I love my coconut nests, but I am crushing on these chocolate peanut butter nests BIG TIME!
No-bake cookies have always been one of my favorite cookies. They come together in minutes and the chocolate peanut butter combo is pretty much the best thing ever.
I used my favorite no-bake cookie recipe, but instead of doing the plain old cookie drops, I made nests! I use pretzels in my no-bake cookies, which made the nests even better because they looked like little sticks.
The nests were easy to form and it was actually kind of fun…therapeutic even. I think the chocolate peanut butter aroma was very soothing, my kind of stress management:)
I added little chocolate pastel eggs to the nests when they were dried and showed them to Caleb. He LOVED the nests. He said they were perfect because they are the same color as real birdie’s nests…and they didn’t have any coconut. Ha!
And how did they taste? Amazing…did you even need to ask? Chocolate peanut butter no-bakes with chocolate candy eggs? Yassssss!
These No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Nests are perfect for spring and Easter. They would be a super cute addition to your Easter brunch or dessert table…or you could put a nest at each place setting on your dinner table. How Martha Stewart is that? So fun! Enjoy!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Nest Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups quick-oats or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate Easter egg candies
- Note-you can make these gluten-free by using gluten-free oats and pretzels!
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add milk, sugar, and cocoa and stir to combine while bringing to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Add in peanut butter and vanilla, and stir until smooth. Stir in oats, chopped pretzels, and salt.
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and form into bird nest shapes. Press down the center with your thumb so there will be a place for the candies. Let the nests cool completely. Place egg candies in the center of the nests. Serve.
- Note-you can store the nests on in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days. Add the egg candies when you are ready to serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod