Oatmeal Cranberry Sandwich Cookies with White Chocolate Crème Filling-add these sandwich cookies to your holiday baking list!
Oatmeal cream pies were one of my favorite treats as a kid. We didn’t get them very often, but when we did, I had to fight my brother and sister for them. There is just something special about sweet, creamy filling sandwiched between two oatmeal cookies.
I don’t think I’ve had a store-bought oatmeal cream pie since I was a kiddo, but I haven’t forgotten about them. I decided to create my own holiday version of the classic: Oatmeal Cranberry Sandwich Cookies with White Chocolate Crème Filling.
Nothing puts me in a better mood than holiday baking. It really is the most wonderful time of the year! These Oatmeal Cranberry Sandwich Cookies with White Chocolate Crème Filling are the perfect holiday cookies to share with family, friends and neighbors!
The recipe calls for three beautiful sticks of Land O Lakes® Butter. Three sticks??? Yeah, you know this recipe is going to be good! ’Tis the season for butter!
I go cranberry crazy during the holiday months. I love the sweetness and pop of color they add to the oatmeal cookies. So festive and fun!
I whipped up a white chocolate buttercream frosting to make the cookies extra special. Cranberry and white chocolate are a match made in heaven!
The white chocolate buttercream is smooth, sweet, and the perfect filling for the oatmeal cranberry cookies.
The best part of a sandwich cookie? You get TWO cookies! Double the deliciousness!
Add Oatmeal Cranberry Sandwich Cookies with White Chocolate Crème Filling to your holiday baking list. They are sure to be a hit! And make sure you save a few for yourself. I may have hidden a few for myself. I guess I haven’t grown up that much!
Oatmeal Cranberry Sandwich Cookies with White Chocolate Creme Filling
For the cookies:
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
For the White Chocolate Buttercream:
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk or as needed
- 1. To make the cookies, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 3. Using a mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until smooth and creamy. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the oats and dried cranberries.
- 4. Roll cookie dough into tablespoon size balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- 5. While the cookies are cooling, make the white chocolate buttercream. Place white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals until chips begin to melt, about 1 minute. Stir and repeat, heating chips about 10 seconds at a time, until thoroughly melted. Stir until chocolate is smooth and no more lumps remain. Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Beat in half of the powdered sugar, melted white chocolate, vanilla and milk until mixture is smooth and creamy.Slowly beat in remaining powdered sugar until smooth; if frosting is too stiff, add in a little more milk.
- 6. To make the sandwich cookies, spread or pipe white chocolate buttercream on the inside of one cookie. Top with another cookie. Continue making sandwich cookies. Store cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- Note-you may have extra buttercream, depending on how much you add between each cookie. You can keep the leftover buttercream in the fridge for up to a week.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Land O’Lakes, but all of our opinions are our own.