Orange Cranberry Bread-sweet orange bread dotted with fresh cranberries and drizzled with an orange glaze! This bread is perfect for the holidays! It makes a great gift too!
Every week, I go through the grocery store flyers to see what is on sale. Josh considers the flyers junk mail and used to throw them away, but he has learned that he will have to dig them out of the trash if he throws them away, so now he saves them for me. I look forward to flyer day every week. Yes, I am a nerd! When there is a good sale, I stock up! You should see the stash of butter, chocolate chips, and cereal we currently have! I can’t stop myself:)
I also love buying whatever produce is on sale. Fresh cranberries were on sale the week before Thanksgiving so I went crazy and bought six bags. Did I need six bags? Probably not, but I can’t resist a good sale! I made cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving, but I only used one bag. So now I am on a mission to put the rest of my cranberries to good use.
To use up a few cranberries, I made Orange Cranberry Bread. Not only is this bread festive and perfect for the holiday season, but it is DEElicious!
I love this bread because it is a quick bread and I am all about easy during the holiday season! Sure, the bread has to bake in the oven, but you can do other things while the bread is baking. Turn on a Christmas movie, read a book, deck the halls with boughs of holly…whatever you want to do! 🙂
When the bread is done baking, I drizzle it with a sweet orange glaze. I am calling it bread, but it could easily pass as cake! Bread that tastes like cake? YES, please!
I love the sweet orange bread with the tart cranberries! The cranberry orange combo is a winner! You can serve this bread at Christmas brunch, for dessert, or make loaves to give to your friends and family! I made one large loaf, but you could make mini loaves to give as gifts!
I am so glad I stocked up on cranberries because I am going to make this Orange Cranberry Bread again and again! I might even need to buy more, but only if they are on sale. I better go check the flyers:)
If you like this cranberry orange bread, check out:
Orange Cranberry Bread
For the bread:
For the orange glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 8 ½ x 4 ½ loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine sugar and orange zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Fold in the cranberries. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. If your loaf starts to get too brown drape a piece of foil over the top to finish baking. I did this during the last 10 minutes of the baking time.
- Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- While the bread is cooling, make the orange glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the bread. Cut and serve.
- Note-store the bread, wrapped, on the counter for 2-3 days.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod