It’s been awhile since I have posted a pumpkin recipe. I thought I would give you all a break from my pumpkin madness. I went kind of crazy with the pumpkin this year:) I made these Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Cranberries & Chocolate Chips a few weeks ago and have been waiting impatiently to share the recipe. I couldn’t wait any longer because these cookies are super scrumptious and a good recipe is meant for sharing.
These cookies have all of my favorite ingredients-pumpkin, oatmeal, Fall spices, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips. Of course I love these cookies right out of the oven, who doesn’t like a freshly baked cookie? But my favorite way to enjoy these cookies is right out of the freezer. I put a bag of cookies in the back of our freezer, in hopes that I would forget they were there. Well, my cookie cravings got the best of me and I broke into the bag of frozen Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies. Big mistake because now I am addicted to them. My bag is running low and it will be a sad day when they are gone.
Hopefully, the cookies will last until Thanksgiving because I know I am baking a batch for “Turkey Day.” I know Thanksgiving dessert is usually all about the pie, but not at our house. Sure, we have pie, but we also have cookies. A holiday celebration is not complete without cookies and I am sure these Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Cranberries and Chocolate Chips will get gobbled up in no time. If they don’t, fine by me, I will put the leftovers in the freezer for my own secret stash:)
If you like these pumpkin cookies, you might also like:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Cookies
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Cranberries & Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon all ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and salt. Set dry ingredients aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat until combined. Gradually add flour mixture and mix until ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for about 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod