Hellllllooooo summer! We are SO happy to see you. The boys are officially out of school and we are ready to get this summer party started.
Every year, we put together a Summer Bucket List as a family. Everyone contributes, mostly the boys, but Josh and I approve everything they suggest…we have to say no to some of their ideas because they are pretty wild:) We make sure all of the items on the list are achievable. We don’t want to fail at our summer bucket list, it is supposed to be FUN!
Today, I am sharing our list, in case you need ideas! Here are 30 FUN things to do this summer!
Summer Bucket List
- Go on a picnic.
- Play tennis.
- Go to a drive-in movie. Don’t forget the kettle corn.
- Go hiking. A few of our favorites in Salt Lake City include: Ensign Peak, Donut Falls, Cecret Lake, and The Living Room. All of these are kid friendly.
- Make popsicles. I love these popsicle molds.
- Read a new children’s book every week. The boys already have this one and this one on the list.
- Get shaved ice.
- Watch fireworks.
- Go on a family bike ride.
- Camp in the backyard.
- Have lots of BBQ’s with friends. We will be using our Traeger all summer long!
- Make s’mores! These are my favorite. SO good!
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Host an ice cream party. I can’t wait to make this flavor! The boys are excited about ice cream sandwiches.
- Go to the Salt Flats.
- Make lemonade.
- Take swimming lessons and swim like fishies:)
- Write letters to Papa.
- Go the farmers market.
- Have play dates with friends.
- Make an egg stand. The boys want to sell our chicken eggs instead of lemonade:)
- Make planter boxes and garden. Josh already made the boxes so now we need to get the garden going!
- Watch a sunset.
- Do a family service project for another family or charity.
- Host our neighborhood 4th of July breakfast. Josh makes his famous waffles and smoked bacon for the entire neighborhood. It’s so fun!
- Go to a baseball game. The boys say hot dogs are a MUST:)
- Bake cookies for someone and surprise them!
- Go to the zoo.
- Make homemade play dough.
- Go to our favorite gelato shop.
What is on your summer bucket list this year? Leave your ideas in the comments so we can all find fun things to do this summer!