Blueberry Coconut Energy Bites
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
These easy no-bake energy bites are a great healthy snack for kids and adults! The dried blueberries and coconut add the perfect sweet kick!
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (or gluten-free oats)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract, optional
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
In a large bowl, combine oats, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt.
Place the almond butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until slightly melted. Stir until smooth.
Add the honey, vanilla, and coconut extract, if using, to the melted almond butter. Stir until smooth. Pour over the oat mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in the dried blueberries and coconut.
Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1-2 tablespoons per ball. Place in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. You can also keep the balls in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg