Mediterranean Kale Salad with Hummus Dressing
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Mediterranean Kale Salad with chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, artichoke hearts, olives, feta cheese, pita chips and a simple hummus dressing. This simple and healthy salad is great as a side dish or main dish.
For the Hummus Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Sabra Classic Hummus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons water depending on how thick you like it
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 large bunch kale ribs removed and finely chopped (I use Lacinato, dinosaur kale)
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pita chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
First make the hummus dressing. In a small bowl or jar, combine the hummus, olive oil, lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar. Whisk until smooth and season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the dressing is too thick, add a little bit of water until it reaches your desired consistency. Set aside while you make the salad.
In a large bowl, add the kale, chickpeas, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber, artichoke hearts, olives, feta cheese, pita chips, and basil. Drizzle with hummus dressing and toss. Serve immediately.