Pesto, Artichoke, and Havarti Grilled Cheese
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
This grilled cheese sandwich is made with spinach basil pesto, artichoke hearts, and creamy Havarti cheese. It is always a hit!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 4 slices whole-grain bread such as Eureka! Organic Bread
- 4 tablespoons Spinach Basil Pesto
- 4 slices Arla Dofino® Creamy Havarti or 4 ounces, grated
- 2/3 cup sliced artichoke hearts from jar or can, drained
- Sea salt for sprinkling on sandwich
Butter the outsides of the bread with butter. Spread the insides of the bread slices evenly with pesto. Put a slice of Havarti on the bottom piece of bread, add artichoke hearts, and top with another slice of Havarti. Place the other piece of bread on top, creating a sandwich.
Heat a large skillet or griddle pan over medium-low heat and place the sandwiches butter side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt and the bread is golden brown. Carefully flip the sandwich over and cook for an additional about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with sea salt. Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately.
Note-for gluten-free, use gluten-free bread.