Bacon Wrapped Bratwursts
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
- 6 bratwursts
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 green peppers cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 bratwurst buns
1. Wrap a piece or bacon around each bratwurst. Use 2-3 toothpicks to hold bacon in place. Place a soaked skewer through each bratwurst. This keeps the brat from curling up when cooking.
2. Cook bacon wrapped brats on the grill over medium-high heat. Rotate the brats a couple of times while cooking. Grill for about 7-10 minutes or until brats and bacon are cooked all the way through.
3. While the brats are cooking, add onion and green pepper in a medium skillet that has been coated with olive oil. Saute until tender over medium high heat.
4. Serve bacon wrapped brats in buns with onions and peppers. Serve warm.