Orecchiette with Slow Roasted Tomatoes & Artichokes
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
- For the slow roasted tomatoes:
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic unpeeled
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta I used whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped (I used the roasted garlic from the slow roasted tomatoes)
- 2 cups artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to garnish the pasta dish
1. First slow roast the tomatoes. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Cut the tomatoes in half and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place the cloves of garlic on the baking sheet with the tomatoes. Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake the tomatoes for about 3 hours, depending on their size.
2. Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the oreccchiette pasta until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
3. While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook until tender. Stir in slow roasted tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in freshly chopped basil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Carefully drain the pasta. Combine pasta and sauce in a large bowl. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve warm.