Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
These healthy Vegetarian Fajitas are loaded with peppers, onions, and mushrooms and are easy to make at home. You can have them on the dinner table in under 30 minutes.
For the fajitas:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Tortillas, corn or flour
- Pico de Gallo
- Lime wedges
- Crumbled queso fresco or shredded cheese, optional
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, optional
In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
In a large cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, onion, and mushrooms and stir until the veggies are coated in the oil. Add the fajita seasoning and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the garlic and lime juice and cook for 2 minutes. The vegetables should be tender but still slightly crisp.
Serve the veggie fajita filling with tortillas and desired toppings.
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 605mg | Potassium: 387mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1521IU | Vitamin C: 119mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg